Lowering my hybrid (conservative)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
depends on what year truck. Some hybrids sit lower in rear than others.

In rear did they use the rubber isolators?
Did they mount the spring so springs that touch face up top?
In rear when lowering these trucks you will need to trim the plastic liners in the fenderwells thats just the nature of the beast.

sidenote looks like your rear end got sucked to the front a good amount.

Im lowering a new deanli tonight if you need pics of what to cut off in the rear text me ill be up for a while (street races at 2am time to take my v out)

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on what year truck. Some hybrids sit lower in rear than others.

In rear did they use the rubber isolators? No idea. Just gave them the goods and told them to install w/ whatever instructions that were supplied by the kit you sold me. Was never told XYZ is a MUST do or a smart do
Did they mount the spring so springs that touch face up top? Same as above.
In rear when lowering these trucks you will need to trim the plastic liners in the fenderwells thats just the nature of the beast. Never was once told this throughout the purchasing process (not blaming you just stating my facts) and never read it in the lowering threads. btw not new to the need to cut/trim - had a lifted 4r

sidenote looks like your rear end got sucked to the front a good amount. how do you mean? the wheel moved forward in the wheel well?

in line. was thinking how great it'd be if i could have you install the thing!

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is this the first kit they have done in a truck using these parts?

Its in many lowering threads the big escalade thread I have also notes this. It literally takes 2 minutes to do and you just trim a little off the plastic liner your not cutting the entire liner out. If you put the 1 inch spacer in the rear like you were talking about will be less.

yes tires got sucked forward (look of the 94-96 impala rear end) If you look at the rear end the lower you go on these trucks the more it gets sucked forward. Most people don't mind it but for others like me that's why there is the spohn kit. It will recenter the entire rear end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh i see. this spohn kit. what are the pros and cons or added complexities this adds to the meal?

i think knowing what i know now i'm going to add the .5" back to the front and add the spacer which was what my gut originallyt old me what i wanted. i don't think i like the lowered look on my truck. i'll have to lean on you to figure out what this metallic click noise is all about on speed bumps. isolators... spring orientation...

in all my conversations with you never once was there any talk about the need to trim anything fyi

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ahh i see. this spohn kit. what are the pros and cons or added complexities this adds to the meal?

i think knowing what i know now i'm going to add the .5" back to the front and add the spacer which was what my gut originallyt old me what i wanted. i don't think i like the lowered look on my truck. i'll have to lean on you to figure out what this metallic click noise is all about on speed bumps. isolators... spring orientation...

its a bolt in deal
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=170

only thing I would run the poly panhard bar and poly uppers just quieter and will save you money. I run the poly panhard bar in mine the del sphere was so massive on the joints it would tap the mount.

I honestly would leave the truck as is in front and add the 1 inch spacer in rear. No use ripping the front apart again looks good there and the rear spacer only takes like 10 minutes to put in.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

btw what size tires do you have and what does the truck measure to from ground to fenderlip now?

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i think i might go with what you suggested. i was happy with how the front came out .... no odd noises either.

fronts are ~35.5" now rear is right around 36" aka too level. so with another inch with spacer and 1/4 settling... .75 end result. i'd be happy with that height.

and i'd only get that centering kit if it resolved rubbing but i have a feeling it'd merely move the rubbing toward the back of the wheel as there's not much space there either.

285/45/22s. thx for responding so late on a fri . it just sucks cuz i was hoping to have it all sorted for the weekend. beginning monday i travel for work thru fri. no time for messing with the truck except for monday drop off at the shop again.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
4 inch kit is 34 inches on that tire size your at a 2 inch drop (different years use different rear springs)

in the back of the well you will need to trim the plastic in front of the top shock mounts and also Im hoping that the shop looked at the rear upper shock bolts that they arent grinding into the back of the tires. with a 285 on a 38mm offset the tire is very close to the top shock bolts hopefully they looked at that.

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tony: gonna need to ask you for a favor to indulg me and talk with the shop on monday while it's there. the problem i've run into and running into again is i buy the parts separately from the installer when ideally i need both on the same page.

i purchased a kahn lowering module for my range rover and the local shop and kahn USA (UK company) just pointed fingers at each other. a $3k pain in the arse.

btw is it bad to run a small spacer only in the rear on these rigs? i wouldn't mind the rear wheel being more flush with fender. front is more flush than rear atm.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you can do a small one in rear just make sure you have enough thread engagement after

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tony, my phone is kaput.

any way you can link me to the install instructions for the belltechs i have? front and rear? thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n