Low oil pressure on 6.2l 2007 escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cleandenali31

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
Had the exact same problem with our 07 denali (6.2)

I swapped sensor, check for screen, tried diff filters/oils. Then bit the bullet and tore into it. I checked o ring first and when I took it out (again, probably 6 hours, never dropped an oil pan before) it was super obvious. It was flattened and had a cut clear through it (sorry about the crappy picture) I was pretty excited that was the only problem and not the $300+ oil pump (if I did the work myself!)

Plus side was, my oil pan was leaking arleady so it needed fixed anyway.

I followed this:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...sket-6-a.html#/topics/612809?page=1&_k=hfakpv

And this:

I also bought a Chilton's manual because I couldn't find the bolt pattern for the pan anywhere online at the time. It has paid for itself in other projects just by giving me the torque specs

Good luck!

View attachment 72276

UPDATE! Thank you natediggity!! This info helped a lot! Especially the Cadillac forum post! I had a hard time getting the last inch of the pan out because the steering rack hard line was in the way and then the diff was after that so I had to take the 6 bolts out of each IRS axle. But it came out and the o ring was fine, not dry rotted or torn, but I replaced it anyways. Now just have to wait for the pump! :cheers:

OP
OP
Cleandenali31

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
Final update! I've located the issue! I took the week to tear apart the engine to get to the pump (work, the old lady ect.) and final got the oil pump out. I took the 6 cover bolts off to see what was going on inside. The gears seamed fine. Slim to none on any serious wear. But..if you look at the pressure valve in the picture to the right of the gears. You'll see closey the valve has bare/worn metal and it was wedged shut. I took a pick tool to try and press it down and it took a little force but it finally sat back down. And began to have normal movement. Even found a post on YouTube showing some others having the same issue! Hope this helps anyone!

IMG_0672.JPG

07XLNali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the AC-Delco part number for a 2007 6.2 Denali Oil pressure Sensor? I guess I don't have that screen? And what is the most reasonable priced socket that fits this sensor.. any help info would be appreciated. Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lscorg17