Pickup tube question on 2007 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm there with you. I had low oil pressure right after doing an oil pan gasket and o ring swap. but my truck has DOD. my cam bearings and rod bearings were shot so that also game me low oil pressure. hope you don't have my luck!

OP
OP
C

Charles Hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well if you look at that cam picture it's pretty worn. So maybe I will order a stage 3 kit, new chromoly push rods and see where that takes me

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a question for everyone. I looked at the cam right before reassembly and I'm noticing some marks. Wondering if I should replace this cam? Should I consider like a stage 2/3 kit?
Yeah that cam is damaged. Time to yank it out of there. Careful with a stage 3 though. I had a BTR stage 2 cam with a lope for a while and hated it; it would surge annoyingly at traffic lights. A higher stall TC would've helped but I just didn't care for the lope in daily driving.

To replace it, I went with a cam motion stage 2 truck cam, specifically because it has a smooth idle. You can tell it's cammed and it makes great power, but it's smooth.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any "Stage 3" cam belongs in a lighter weight car.. Not a truck..
And unless you are going with a 2800 stall, it won't work at all..
I'm sure someone has made it work, just not a true daily commuter suv

Also, if the cam bearing surface is damaged like you show
it's very likely that your cam bearings are worn...
So even a new camshaft will do nothing for your oil pressure issue

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, if the cam bearing surface is damaged like you show
it's very likely that your cam bearings are worn...
So even a new camshaft will do nothing for your oil pressure issue
I think those are just the lobes, but I agree that it’s worth checking the cam bearings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660