Loose "shift" feeling in LF seat when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took mine in for the loose seat a month or so ago. The tech replaced the entire seat frame and it has been fine ever since. I asked him if he repaired it according to the bulletin and he said, "what bulletin?".

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got this fixed at the dealer they knew all about it. I also had a weird steering wheel click they fixed too.

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would like to know what the explanation/technical reason for those white clips being attached to that bar and even having the ability to slide side to side in the first place is.

PS - GLAD to have that gone. That was really annoying.
I should have listened to you when I first saw this thread months ago. I initially took mine in and the dealer replaced the seat base and/or track. That took care of the problem for a while and when it recurred, they did the clip and lubricant fix. That did absolutely nothing to help the problem and the service advisor commented when I picked it up that this has taken care of the problem on every one he had seen.

Time for me to purchase some heater hose and go in the "TSB HOSSE" direction! Seems ridiculous they don't have a fix for this through the dealer. (I don't have the patience to mess around with this any longer)

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering wheel started clicking during low speed turns (parking... Etc.). The click sounded very much like the turn signal clicking off in an older car. Although the issue I had was not related to the turn signal.

The fix was to replace the steering column (per my service rep, I didn't really look that closely at the paperwork).

He said he has seen the issue before and the part is somewhat difficult to get.

Also, My seat is still fine after a few months. So maybe they have fixed the replacement parts.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally took my 'clunky & loose feeling' driver's seat issue to a dealer last week. I live in a rural area and the dealer's body shop manager said he had not heard about this problem before. He got on the GM computer and after looking for a few minutes found a recent GM service bulletin addressing this issue. According to the bulletin, a few parts are required (shims, etc.) that had to be ordered but did not require replacing the frame. I will report back when the parts come in and the repair is attempted...

Albo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine does it at almost every turn! It feels like the wake-up vibrator is loose and moves freely "banging" side to side via inirtial energy... Bugs me.

Jcthoman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep my seat does this on a daily basis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seriously, do the hose/clamp fix

been months since I did it. hasn't done it since

Jcthoman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I find it amusing gm customer service thanks for the heads up on the issue in July 2014 and promised to report back on a fix. I didnt see gm show up again in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas