Loose "shift" feeling in LF seat when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Yukon Denali -

I have personally felt it 3 times and the wife just complained about it today.

It feels like the seat or the bottom of the seat is loose!! (it's not) When you are driving and shift the weight - turn, etc you can feel like a jolt in the seat as if the bottom is loose or there is a huge weight inside the seat shifting around.

Anyone else feel that?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi hosseface,

I’m sorry that you are experiencing this shifting feeling while driving your Yukon. It looks like you are seeking feedback from the rest of the forum, but I would like to look into this concern on my end. If you are interested in discussing this shifting feeling further, please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
GM Customer Care

wild thing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine did this all the time the first couple of weeks. The dealership said the leather and plastic needed time to mold together. It rarely does it now. I think it just takes sometime for the leather to form to the plastic on the bottom. I bet in a couple of weeks mine will stop doing it 100%. I rarely ever notice it now.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed this as well... I will see if it goes away.

Centerfield

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Yukon XL SLT now with 2000 miles on it. Mine does this at least once a day but I've only had it a couple of weeks (took a road trip from Texas to Florida). I guess I'll wait to see if it goes away. I tried to move the seat when not sitting in it and it is solid. I was wondering if it was the sensors that vibrate moving around causing the problem?

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this from the other guys that were experiencing this? Mine is still doing it and getting more annoying by the day.

Centerfield

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine does it almost every time I drive. I spoke to Sewell GMC in Dallas about it. The service manager said it was a known issue but GMC doesn't have a fix yet (as of a week ago). Apparently it is the motor for the seat and it's moving around. He told me they "fixed" it on one other new Yukon by using parts from a 2014 but that they were told by GM not to do that again so now they won't fix mine until they have an official GM fix for the 2015s. He claims it's not a safety issue, just rather annoying.

Reaction score
I hate hearing about these quirks with a $73k vehicle on order. I hope GMC has some of this stuff sorted out by the time they build mine, but I doubt it. My X5 has quirks though, so...

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They all do, at least all of mine.

I'm going to dig into mine the next couple of days and try to find it. Very annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts