Loose "shift" feeling in LF seat when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WYO-HD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it amusing gm customer service thanks for the heads up on the issue in July 2014 and promised to report back on a fix. I didnt see gm show up again in this thread.

It you haven't figured it by now, I'll fill you in...The customer service reps have no idea how to resolve any of these issues nor do they care. In every CS thread, on multiple forums I've been on over the last 20 years, they have never offered a solution or fix. They only state they will contact the manufacturer reps, dealer, etc. I believe they troll the forums as an extension of GM, Ford, Chevy, etc. to gain feedback on what is happening in the real world. And to some degree, use it as a PR platform to show they care - at least for appearance purposes. I'm sure some of the stuff we all post does make its way back to the engineering team. Eventually - many of these issues are solved. Thanks to you all.

Anyway, I also have the seat shift and will be installing the hose fix this weekend.

Cheers,

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, my dealer found a tech bulletin on the problem and fixed my shifting, clunky driver's seat a few months ago. The bulletin specified a parts kit of shims and some such parts to be installed. The problem now is since the repair work, the seat squeaks like a cheap plastic sofa with every bump and weight shift while driving. Of course the repair did nothing to change the fact that these 2015+ seats are pathetically uncomfortable... I feel like I'm sitting on one of those fold up, 1" hard foam Stadium seats you take to a ballgame for the bleachers and the slightest bump will cause me to fall out either side. My previous 2003 LT's leather seats were much more comfortable, even after 175k miles...

Last edited:

BobDobalina

Reaction score
I had it on my 15 Tahoe. Dealer knew right away what the fix was. Been about a year and no issues at all since.

WYO-HD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 year later and the hose clamp/hose fix is working like a charm.

Thanks again...performed the hose/clamp fix today and it worked perfect. Seat is solid and doesn't move or creek around anymore.

Cheers,

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is still going strong as well with the $2 fix.

It took 18 months for Chevy to fix the left blinker LED flicker...I don't trust them.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, my dealer found a tech bulletin on the problem and fixed my shifting, clunky driver's seat a few months ago. The bulletin specified a parts kit of shims and some such parts to be installed. The problem now is since the repair work, the seat squeaks like a cheap plastic sofa with every bump and weight shift while driving. Of course the repair did nothing to change the fact that these 2015+ seats are pathetically uncomfortable... I feel like I'm sitting on one of those fold up, 1" hard foam Stadium seats you take to a ballgame for the bleachers and the slightest bump will cause me to fall out either side. My previous 2003 LT's leather seats were much more comfortable, even after 175k miles...

Does your truck have the vibration sensors in the seat? They can be very uncomfortable after sitting on them for a while to certain people.
Bish

stormin

Reaction score
Hey everybody
I see there are a couple of threads where I can post this reply and my experience with the same or similar problem.
I purchased a 2016 Tahoe ltz a few months ago and from the very first day... anytime anybody sat in the passengers seat.. it sounded and felt like it wasn't bolted down all the way.
I finally called the dealer yesterday and mentioned the problem... he sounded well aware of it.. and immediately said. yes.. there is a shim kit... that is in stock for this very issue.
I brought the truck in this morning.. they installed the said "shim kit".. and washed the truck and I was out of there in an hour.
so far... all is good and of course.. will post more should there be any issues.

Just wanted to share my experience and hope it helps others.
This forum is a fantastic wealth of information and has helped me sooo much with past issues with my 2005 Tahoe z71 that was just sold after 271,000 enjoyable kms that I put on it.

take care all

NB

ari35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has answered this but I personally had this for the first 20k on 2015 Tahoe. Just brought in to dealer and is known issue and now a fix with a shim kit. Been a couple weeks no more shifting. It was driving me crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094