3rd row seat power fold motor fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ.

3rd row power seat stopped working (the 40 of the 60/40). It was stuck down and I hear the motor working. Looked at the cables and everything looked intact, the motor wasn’t pulling the cables. Removed the seat and now it’s in the garage.

Looks like I need to remove the seat cover to get to the motor and see what’s going on. To me looks like the motor is not connected to the cables, either snapped cable or not connected.

Anyone replace the motor before? Can I even buy this part separately? I looked on YouTube no videos I can find of a motor replacement within the seat.

Any help would be appreciated before I blindly start taking the seat apart.

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this so looks like I can replace the parts. Good news I thought I may hav work buy a whole new seat!

IMG_1647.png

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_1649.jpegMessed with the seat a little. Was able to get the seat cover off and if you flip up the foam you will see the actuator that controls the release cables. The motor that actually moves the seat is behind the seat and uses a sprocket attached to the metal seat bracket to move the seat. It’s supposed to work by the cable actuator first pulling the cables to release the latch, then the motor moves the seat(there are actually 2 motors, one for moving the seat and one for releasing the cables). Tried to get pics of them both.

I’m going to hook this up to the car tomorrow and see which motor isn’t working. I believe the cable actuator motor is FUBAR and the seat motor is still good. I could see the motor trying to move and it would actually deflect the metal in the bracket.

IMG_1648.jpeg
IMG_1650.jpeg
That sprocket above actually should go into the black bracket but I had to separate them because I can’t move the seat open and close with the motor jammed in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar