Looking to buy new 2017 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gdwheel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would buy my Suburban again in a heartbeat. No issues. It is a great vehicle to drive and especially good for our frequent road trips.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread, figured I'd put it here in case it is helpful to the original poster.....

I took a 2017 Tahoe 2wd with 20in wheels, 3.42 rear end and roof rack cross rails installed from a dealer lot the other day. It had 4 miles on it when I got in. Absolutely no buffeting/booming that I could detect, and zero vibrations. I was extremely pleased at how well it rode, at all speeds, including cruise set at 80mph for several miles. I put about 50 miles on it total, probably 50/50 hwy and city streets.

FYI- The tires (continental) were showing at 41 psi after about 15 miles of driving, so they were certainly over inflated when cold before I drove it. I aired them down to 37, which improved the ride somewhat, although it was not by any means objectionable at the over inflated pressure they started with. The door jamb sticker called for 35psi cold.

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 17 midnight edition tahoe 20" stock wheels but have 24s on right now and no issues with any of the things posted i even test drove multiple ones and no issues. I didn't even know about these problems until i saw the posts here.

Love my ride hate the dealership get a tahoe or burb im not a yukon fan but the headlights are nice.

Expeditions and Navigators are terrible and have the worst reviews ive ever seen on the net.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 17 midnight edition tahoe 20" stock wheels but have 24s on right now and no issues with any of the things posted i even test drove multiple ones and no issues. I didn't even know about these problems until i saw the posts here.

Love my ride hate the dealership get a tahoe or burb im not a yukon fan but the headlights are nice.

Expeditions and Navigators are terrible and have the worst reviews ive ever seen on the net.

Where have you seen reviews regarding the new expedition and navigators? Anyone here posting about them are referring to the 18s. They will take a large share away from gm (assuming there's not a major issue) starting this fall.

I'm glad your tuck is perfect but there are many that haven't had the good fortune with the 15 / 16 models.

crunchcity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They will take a large share away from gm (assuming there's not a major issue) starting this fall.

If the sales figures corroborate that when those are released to market, it will be good because GM will be forced to respond in an effort to stem market share loss. Increased competition may cause them to update the SUV's as fast as the Silverado/Sierra line with more mid-cycle refreshes and shorter generation length possibly as well.

They won't just let Ford pick off their market share without a response should be interesting to see how it unfolds....

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another piece that interesting is they will share the same 10spd tranny...same as in Expedition/navigator and GM models.

Last edited:

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the sales figures corroborate that when those are released to market, it will be good because GM will be forced to respond in an effort to stem market share loss. Increased competition may cause them to update the SUV's as fast as the Silverado/Sierra line with more mid-cycle refreshes and shorter generation length possibly as well.

They won't just let Ford pick off their market share without a response should be interesting to see how it unfolds....
Where have you seen reviews regarding the new expedition and navigators? Anyone here posting about them are referring to the 18s. They will take a large share away from gm (assuming there's not a major issue) starting this fall.

I'm glad your tuck is perfect but there are many that haven't had the good fortune with the 15 / 16 models.

I've read the ford stuff on multiple websites and found out for myself, my last vehicle was a 2011 suburban and i drove that and the 2011 navigator and the suburban was light years better, sure the ford had more bells and whistles but the burb drove so much better I even had min on 24s and could still get it up to 140kh without any speed wobble.

Again this time around because i hate the dealership i buy from in my city i drove a 2016 navigator, 2015 expedition and the 17 tahoe and again chose the tahoe, this time around the tahoe had everything the navigator had pretty much and again wasn't even a close decision.

Now im sure in 6 months I'll regret this post but as of now tahoe/burb>navigator/expedition.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree one bit...i'm only referring to the 18s. I never cared for the current nav/expedition.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read the ford stuff on multiple websites and found out for myself, my last vehicle was a 2011 suburban and i drove that and the 2011 navigator and the suburban was light years better, sure the ford had more bells and whistles but the burb drove so much better I even had min on 24s and could still get it up to 140kh without any speed wobble.

Again this time around because i hate the dealership i buy from in my city i drove a 2016 navigator, 2015 expedition and the 17 tahoe and again chose the tahoe, this time around the tahoe had everything the navigator had pretty much and again wasn't even a close decision.

Now im sure in 6 months I'll regret this post but as of now tahoe/burb>navigator/expedition.

People are talking about the upcoming 18 expedition. The current expedition is incredibly dated.

e2a986816c2210b7a97079f2a4fcd3d0.jpg

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
People are talking about the upcoming 18 expedition. The current expedition is incredibly dated.

e2a986816c2210b7a97079f2a4fcd3d0.jpg

it looks like a toyota sequoia imo, never been a fan of fords the brakes on the ford trucks are insane and i just don't feel they drive as nice.

I drove my friends F150 and felt like i just started driving for the first time even the slightest touch of the barke made it come to a complete stop. Needless to say you would have laughed your ass off when you saw me pull out of the parking lot with it lol.

The 2018 navigator looks exactly like a Denali rip off ford needs to stop copying and come up with there own shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz