2017 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdlee2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wanted to come here for advice. While car shopping, I have found a 2017 Yukon Denali with only 23k miles on it. From what I can gather, was owned by some snowbirds who only used the car while in Florida.

No water/flood damage on title (first thing I looked for after seeing FL), car fax clean, one owner, no accidents. Price is excellent.

There is a blown fuse box and cluster gauge. From what the dealer mechanics think, it was a bad instrument cluster that was drawing from the battery. The older couple went to jump it and crossed positive and negatives incorrectly hence the blown fuse. Apparently after that, they just sold or traded it in. Salesguy said that was common with older folks who just won’t want to deal with car things sometimes. Dealer is repairing this on their dime before I purchase.

I am planning on a having a reputable 3rd party mechanic look at it prior to buying. What are some things I should ask him to focus on? I know transmission for this generation, lifters maybe? Obviously the electrical issues as well.

Anything I should overall be wary about?

Thanks for the advice.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
AC condenser. If it hasn’t already been replaced, it only has a few more lives before it dies.

OP
OP
J

Jdlee2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Florida.

If it has MagnaRide, probably getting close to new strut time.
Thanks for the heads up. Is this something that should be replaced every 25k or just the age of parts?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

If your mechanic is familiar with GM SUV's, he should know what to look for. If not, find a mechanic who is familiar.

Last edited:

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that low mileage, have the transmission service with the updated fluid and do the modification to the trans fluid t-stat (I have not done that yet).
Regarding the lifters, it is when, not if they fail. Be prepared for cam and lifter replacement. Warranty replacement will only use the same failure prone parts. Choose a reputable shop and they can make a beast out of it.

OP
OP
J

Jdlee2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With that low mileage, have the transmission service with the updated fluid and do the modification to the trans fluid t-stat (I have not done that yet).
Regarding the lifters, it is when, not if they fail. Be prepared for cam and lifter replacement. Warranty replacement will only use the same failure prone parts. Choose a reputable shop and they can make a beast out of it.
Could you further explain regarding the modification to the trans fluid t-stat? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa1971