Looking to buy new 2017 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem after looking at the threads are a handful of posters posting hundreds of times. I cant seem to find a single owner who has the problem, and these things are about the most common vehicle I see in this area (well maybe after jeeps) with 4 on my street alone (2 tahoes, an xl, and burb). There certainly is unrelenting posting to deter ownership, and now subsequent guidence to unreleased ford products. Red flag raised...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem after looking at the threads are a handful of posters posting hundreds of times. I cant seem to find a single owner who has the problem, and these things are about the most common vehicle I see in this area (well maybe after jeeps) with 4 on my street alone (2 tahoes, an xl, and burb). There certainly is unrelenting posting to deter ownership, and now subsequent guidence to unreleased ford products. Red flag raised...

You can look back at the history of this section of the forum and will see posts by many other users who have had the issues and even across several trucks they owned after having buybacks. You can also search out a couple of the other popular Tahoe forums and find the same complaints. You have your tin foil hat on when it comes to the "fake new", this isn't an issue, type of talk. Only recently was there talk of looking at the other product mainly because they were recently just announced and revealed so of course people will now have more alternatives to large SUVs besides aging and outgoing models and there will be talk of the competition.

If you have been on internet car forums for any length of time, you will also know that you will always have more posts and threads about issues with vehicles than you will about general praise of them. From a simple how-to question to a true issue like engine failure and all that falls in-between these posts will always outnumber the "I love my vehicle" threads.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you are correct with the post types, and I have seen how 1 lemon owner has disproportionally skewed perception exponentially. I would like to see the "most buy backs ever" claim proven. I have not seen proof of more than a handful (and those are just words on an ethereal page). There may be some owners with issues, but whos to say these owners dont have issues with everything? How can anyone recommend a ford that hasnt come out yet? Must be leakage in my tinfoil hat...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issues are real. Even GM has admitted to struggling to find fixes. Dealerships admit to the issue when they drive one that exhibits them

I'd venture to guess that a lot of the vehicles are driven by those that dont generally drive over 75MPH or just dont care (which is easier to do if you are leasing a $40K tahoe vs a $80K or $90K GM/Cadillac). I have a buddy that has a tahoe and asked him "hey, you have any issues with it?" he said "nope, its perfect". He picked me up the other day and it had terrible buffetting. I pointed it out to him and he said "oh yeah, that...Well, I leased it so I dont really care". He is the opposite of a 'car guy' and treats his vehicles like rented appliances.

As for who posts here...I'm more concerned about folks that are staunch GM loyalists than I am with folks that come here to post their issues looking for help/resolution and have a history of buying all makes and models. It took test driving half a dozen GM vehicles to find one that didn't boom/buffet or vibrate. I have a '16 yukon denali that exhibits none of these issues. I've owned mercs, toyotas, audis, VW's, Infiniti's. I have zero allegiance to any make.

Nobody is 'recommending' the ford. Simply noting that it looks interesting and may give GM some serious competition. Its also important to remember that nobody is claiming that GM vehicles alone have issues. All makes have their problems.

NOTE: If anyone in the DFW are has a truck with this issue, speak up and maybe you can show TD that this isnt a global internet false flag conspiracy by paid ford trolls to very slightly degrade GM's dominance in the Truck/SUV arena?

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

New to GMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for all replies, really on the fence, although won't seriously consider purchasing before end of this year...

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you are correct with the post types, and I have seen how 1 lemon owner has disproportionally skewed perception exponentially. I would like to see the "most buy backs ever" claim proven. I have not seen proof of more than a handful (and those are just words on an ethereal page). There may be some owners with issues, but whos to say these owners dont have issues with everything? How can anyone recommend a ford that hasnt come out yet? Must be leakage in my tinfoil hat...

Well, it came directly from a VP within the cadillac division so take it for what it's worth. Additionally, last year the engineer I worked with also stated that "GM has been buying back a lot of these trucks".

When working with multiple engineers over the last 2yrs with our 15 XL they all admit it is/was a serious issue and they couldn't determine a true fix(or at least didn't admit it). You need to take off your GM glasses and read up on the issue as it's talked about everywhere surrounding the 15+ models....it's not a just a small handful of folks dealing with a rare minor problem that occur with almost all makes and models. This is a major flaw some where within the design and/or manufacturing process. With that said, I've seen very few '17 MY complaints surrounding the buffeting and vibrations so hopefully they have internally resolved the problem.

I have owned many makes......GM, acura, Jeep, Infiniti, and one ford in my lifetime (15+ vehicles). There is no pro ford intent here, buddy. It's a new, potentially strong option when looking for a full size SUV. That's it!

Good luck, "New to GMC" with whatever truck you go with...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts