Looking to buy new 2017 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks like a toyota sequoia imo, never been a fan of fords the brakes on the ford trucks are insane and i just don't feel they drive as nice.

I drove my friends F150 and felt like i just started driving for the first time even the slightest touch of the barke made it come to a complete stop. Needless to say you would have laughed your ass off when you saw me pull out of the parking lot with it lol.

The 2018 navigator looks exactly like a Denali rip off ford needs to stop copying and come up with there own shit.

I don't see the denali at all with the navigator. The front end is a carryover from their car line not a copy of the large denali grille.

I will say the expedition profile closely resembles the tahoe/yukon but the ford front clip looks 10x better than the tahoe. The chevy front has always looked cheap...almost like it was an after thought...it doesn't flow well with the rest of the body. I do prefer the rear of the chevy (clean and simple) over the yukon, however.

4ed62ec8ced95f51367b844ee6e0e5b6x.jpg

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the denali at all with the navigator. The front end is a carryover from their car line not a copy of the large denali grille.

I will say the expedition profile closely resembles the tahoe/yukon but the ford front clip looks 10x better than the tahoe. The chevy front has always looked cheap...almost like it was an after thought...it doesn't flow well with the rest of the body. I do prefer the rear of the chevy (clean and simple) over the yukon, however.

Lol, I'm the complete opposite when it comes to the look of the Tahoe. I love the front end (especially the headlight design) but do like the rear end of the Yukons better. I won't get into the stupid issue with the Tahoe and the LEDs though as that is another topic altogether. :)

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I'm the complete opposite when it comes to the look of the Tahoe. I love the front end (especially the headlight design) but do like the rear end of the Yukons better. I won't get into the stupid issue with the Tahoe and the LEDs though as that is another topic altogether. :)

Ha. I prefer the all led yukon tails but like the painted D pillars of Chevy. I considered painting our D pillars.

biggp80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

to each there own

escalade>nav in looks
tahoe>expidition

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where have you seen reviews regarding the new expedition and navigators? Anyone here posting about them are referring to the 18s. They will take a large share away from gm (assuming there's not a major issue) starting this fall.

I'm glad your tuck is perfect but there are many that haven't had the good fortune with the 15 / 16 models.

Wheres the facts that prove tahoes have been the most bought back vehicle to date? EVERY person I have asked that has one (dozens here in dfw) doesnt know what im talking about. I drove one, and didnt feel squat. You are obviously here to spread fake news and attempt to steer gm researchers to ford. Nobody with 20 gm trucks would lay their nuts on the line for a navigator that hasnt even dropped yet. How bout that?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Researchers" who never owned one......well I'm not drinking the same GM kook aid you are, but I have owned:
2015 1500 z71 crew 4wd 5.3/6sp
2012 Traverse 2wd (wife)
2010 1500 2wd crew LT 5.3/6sp
2010 2500hd crew 6.0
2005 2500hd crew duramax
2005 1500 ext cab z71
2001 1500 ext cab z71
2004 Tahoe 2wd LT
2-1998 4wd suburban 1500's 5.7/4sp (hunting rigs)

I've also owned my share of Ford and Dodge pickups since 1998 also, so I'm not some die hard supporter of any of them. The most problematic vehicles I've ever had were the '10 and '15 Chevy trucks listed above. Gm trucks and suv's in my opinion were better built and better driving in terms of engine and tranny on the pre 2010 models before they changed to the 6sp auto, and even better on the pre 2007 models that had no AFM.

I've not driven a 2015+ SUV that had any buffeting or "booming" that was enough to bother me personally. I have driven one that had a very noticeable vibration, a Tahoe, which acted exactly like the people here and elsewhere describe the vibration issues they have encountered. I've also had my fair share of quirky transmission/AFM issues on the '10 and '15 pickups listed above, so I do believe 100% that AFM is total junk and unnecessary given the extremely marginal benefits (if any) that it may provide. It sounds like you also believe that the 3.08 is not satisfactory unless the vehicle will never tow, as you said you re-geared your avalanche to 3.42. A 3.08 is great for the consumer that will ever ever haul more than groceries, and will never go up at all in tire size, but if left with a choice, I'd recommend anyone to a 3.42. My 3.42 pickup with a whopping total of 3000lbs behind it screamed and shifted like crazy on interstate drives in the southeast, so common sense says a 3.08 would be noticeably worse.

I had factory cloth in my 2010 pickup, which was total garbage, collected lint like it was designed to do just that and held in any strong smells that ever got into the truck (food, wet clothes). It was my first and last vehicle that left the dealership with cloth seats. Cloth by most manufacturers is more difficult to remove stains/spills than leather. As for long term durability of one vs other I haven't the slightest clue and don't plan to find out, because that would require me to run a truck with cloth seats for a while.

So you are sure his wife wants to tow like you and put bigger tires on? You think they put 2010 budget truck cloth on 2017 tahoes? The black cloth in my 2011 avy had zero issues and did not hold any lint; it definately wasn't the "mouse fur" cloth I had on my past GM trucks. I have at least as long a list of previous gm vehicles as you (including 4 dodge trucks), and I return to gm because the issues they have are the least tragic. They also hold their value better...

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are sure his wife wants to tow like you and put bigger tires on? You think they put 2010 budget truck cloth on 2017 tahoes? The black cloth in my 2011 avy had zero issues and did not hold any lint; it definately wasn't the "mouse fur" cloth I had on my past GM trucks. I have at least as long a list of previous gm vehicles as you (including 4 dodge trucks), and I return to gm because the issues they have are the least tragic. They also hold their value better...

Nope, I'm not sure his wife wants bigger tires or will tow anything at all. I was referencing your post (#18) where you stated that there is no difference in the 3.08 vs 3.42 unless there is a trailer hooked up. Just pointing out that if given the choice, the 3.42 is a better option, for anyone, towing or not. I'm not sure why you're arguing the point though, seeing as to how you felt the need to change to 3.42 on your own vehicle....

I'm not sure what "budget truck cloth" is.....my 2010 1500 crew was an LT with just about all the options you can get without having a LTZ at that time. The cloth in that truck was the exact same cloth used in every body style Tahoe or suburban I rented at that time when I was traveling too. I have no idea what the quality/durability/longevity is on the cloth used on current model GM trucks or SUV's, and don't care, because with my kids in the car and loading up people in wet and dirty hunting gear, I'd be foolish to think cloth upholstery will be easy to maintain or remain stain free for very long. Seems like common sense to me. But I'm glad you were happy with your cloth seats in your 2011 truck.

I would agree that they have better resale value than comparable Ford and Dodge trucks. But, they had better, because in the SE, GM pickups and SUV's are more expensive (not msrp, but after negotiation) than the Ford and Dodge trucks.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood. I think the super low 1st on 6 speed was developed with 3.08 in mind. I could break it loose with them. I switched to 3.42 because i was adding trutrack and it was only a bit more on 2wd to add it. Surprisingly, it didnt launch any quicker - like putting in 4low doesnt make you faster - but it was better pulling my boat off ramp. For a mom, i think the 40 extra miles a tank would be more appreciated. I still laugh at my buddy in civic si who I smoked 20-80 on highway with those 3.08s.
As for seats, were yours not the almost plastic fabric? Mine would bead liquid and didnt have any velour like my 03 slt gmc. I dont think the leather is any more durable...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood. I think the super low 1st on 6 speed was developed with 3.08 in mind. I could break it loose with them. I switched to 3.42 because i was adding trutrack and it was only a bit more on 2wd to add it. Surprisingly, it didnt launch any quicker - like putting in 4low doesnt make you faster - but it was better pulling my boat off ramp. For a mom, i think the 40 extra miles a tank would be more appreciated. I still laugh at my buddy in civic si who I smoked 20-80 on highway with those 3.08s.
As for seats, were yours not the almost plastic fabric? Mine would bead liquid and didnt have any velour like my 03 slt gmc. I dont think the leather is any more durable...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd venture to guess you're probably right about the super low first gear being developed with the 3.08 in mind. For curiosity sake, I'd like to drive a new Tahoe or suburban with the 3.08. I've not ever seen one in person on the lots of either of the dealers near me, at least not in the last 4-5 months.

As for the cloth on my '10 1500-they were most definitely a different fabric than was used in the trucks from 2000-2006, as a friend of mine had one of those with cloth that I rode in several times. Mine were black, not bad looking, and if I remember right they would tend to bead liquids and not totally soak in. My problem was the lint attraction property they had and the fact that small spots of mud or dirt were not easy to totally remove on the upholstery. For all I know, they may hold their shape and support better than the leather and may not be as prone to tearing on the exit side of the seats where so many do, but for me and my uses, leather is just easier all around to maintain day to day.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheres the facts that prove tahoes have been the most bought back vehicle to date? EVERY person I have asked that has one (dozens here in dfw) doesnt know what im talking about. I drove one, and didnt feel squat. You are obviously here to spread fake news and attempt to steer gm researchers to ford. Nobody with 20 gm trucks would lay their nuts on the line for a navigator that hasnt even dropped yet. How bout that?

Multiple personal anecdotes don't = facts. Well...alternate facts maybe.

The issues have been widely reported in the automotive press and GM has admitted to the issues. Furthermore they've issued several service bulletins to try and correct the issues.

GM has a major issue with its truck platform creating vibration issues and (in the SUVs) buffeting problems. GM sells ~10 million vehicles a year. Even if 2% of those have a nagging issue, like vibration at speed, it's going to be a big problem for them. And it has.

Those are the real, unemotional facts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts