Looking for Z-71 interior trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I took the pictures as the sun was starting to go down in the west, so depending on the angle of the camera, the Z71 parts don't always look like they match color-wise in the pictures. But all eight are exact color matches, and I love the way things blend together now. I'm just not into loud contrasts in a vehicle, my clothing, my house, and on and on. I'm a happy Tahoe owner with the Z71 trim makeover and the installation of the Tuffy "Tactical Gear Security Drawer" several months ago. :)

mikey42_69

Reaction score
I took the pictures as the sun was starting to go down in the west, so depending on the angle of the camera, the Z71 parts don't always look like they match color-wise in the pictures. But all eight are exact color matches, and I love the way things blend together now. I'm just not into loud contrasts in a vehicle, my clothing, my house, and on and on. I'm a happy Tahoe owner with the Z71 trim makeover and the installation of the Tuffy "Tactical Gear Security Drawer" several months ago. :)

What do you use the Tuffy box for? If you don't mind me asking.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
What do you use the Tuffy box for? If you don't mind me asking.

Look at my post dated 06-19-11 in this topic: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26058

Of course, there is room to store guns, knives, bombs, hand gernades, cash, fertilizer, and blasting caps. That ought to get the attention of the government spooks looking for keywords on the Internet. :dogpile:

It's also a good place to put an iPod touch, a camera, a gun, and other valuables when you want to keep stuff out of sight when away from the Tahoe. I just love having the Tuffy drawer in the Tahoe. :)

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's how every Tahoe should have came from the factory. The wood grain look is a complete joke.

Humy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great job Steve! Looks hot!

Do you have any pics of the bottom of the trim pieces by any chance? Also, any of the interior with the trim removed would be helpful, so I can get an idea of how the pieces are snapped on. Did any of the pieces warp easily or any of the "fasteners" break easily (I am going to paint them)? I'm looking for tips on removal. I will be buying the trim removal tool from Napa. I have a knack for collateral damage, so I've learned to ask questions first, before I start breaking stuff.

The door handle pieces look easy. However, the cup holder and storage area looks tricky between the Nav and arm rest, especially with that little chrome strip.

When it comes to installing them, do you just push and they pop in?

Sorry, I know it's lots to read

Thanks dude!:beer:

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Great job Steve! Looks hot!

Do you have any pics of the bottom of the trim pieces by any chance? Also, any of the interior with the trim removed would be helpful, so I can get an idea of how the pieces are snapped on. Did any of the pieces warp easily or any of the "fasteners" break easily (I am going to paint them)? I'm looking for tips on removal. I will be buying the trim removal tool from Napa. I have a knack for collateral damage, so I've learned to ask questions first, before I start breaking stuff.

The door handle pieces look easy. However, the cup holder and storage area looks tricky between the Nav and arm rest, especially with that little chrome strip.

When it comes to installing them, do you just push and they pop in?

Sorry, I know it's lots to read

Thanks dude!:beer:

What's funny is when I started the project, the first piece I replaced turned out to be -- hands down and by far -- the hardest piece to remove, and yes, three or four of the fastener clips got pulled loose from the plastic trim piece as I removed it, but the plastic trim piece wasn't damaged during removal. But it could be if you're not very patient and don't take your time when removing it. It then took a little while to get those fastener clips removed from the vehicle, and those fastener clips could be reused in your case. That problem trim piece was the center instrument panel accessory trim plate (plate that goes around the Radio/AC/Navigation spot on the front center console). If I were to do the eight-piece project all over again, that would be the last piece I would remove!!!!!!!!! You want to build up your confidence as you go along, and I wasn't too confident at all after I removed that piece first.

Yes, the four door switch bezels are so simple to remove that they could be done blindfolded with one hand tied behind your back. I'd start with those four items. One pop with a screwdriver or removal tool and they are out.

Then I'd remove the center console cupholders/storage compartment (only need to use your hands with that item if you put them in the right spot to begin with and lift straight up) and driver side instrument panel trim plate (dash area), which is another one pop with a screwdriver or removal tool and its out.

The only other item that takes a little time is the center instrument panel trim plate, but it comes out very easily if you get the screwdriver or trim removal tool in the right spots as you pry it loose. It helped that I had the replacement pieces to look out when I positioned my screwdriver to do the popping of the fastener clips.

The pieces pop in quite easily. Just put your thumb over the fastener clips so when you apply slight pressure to the trim pieces, the pressure is directly over those fastener clips rather than to the sides of the fastener clips.

While I didn't take any pictures of the undersides of the removed trim pieces (either threw them away or in the case of one item, gave it away), here are two links that helped me greatly when I was changing out the eight pieces:

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167963

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386867

I am going to disagree with what the poster in the first link above showed in his pictures when it comes to removing the center instrument panel accessory trim plate (plate that goes around the Radio/AC/Navigation spot on the front center console). I would start on the upper sides rather than the top, because if you start on the top, I'd say you have about a 99.99 % chance of breaking the top part off. There aren't any fasteners under the top part to begin with as best I recall, so why start prying there? Start on the upper sides and work your way down and take your time on this piece!

Last edited:

Navo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Confirmation that part 25807743 is the correct replacement part for the driver side instrument panel trim plate for those that want to go with the Z71 look over the fake wood look. Installed this evening. :)

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Here is my “FINAL ANSWER” on replacing the eight fake wood trim parts with the Z71 trim parts on a 2010 Tahoe LTZ. These same part numbers will work on a 2011 Tahoe LTZ. This list does NOT apply to 2009 and earlier models.

Driver side instrument panel trim plate (dash area) -- 25807743

Center instrument panel trim plate (dash area) -- 25807745

Center instrument panel accessory trim plate (plate that goes around the Radio/AC/Navigation spot on the front center console) -- 25807746

Center console cupholders/storage compartment -- 20951471

Driver side front door switch bezel -- 20877680

Passenger side front door switch bezel -- 20883864

Driver side rear door switch bezel -- 25909747

Passenger side rear door switch bezel -- 25909753

Since this part has been mentioned in this topic, I thought I would mention it again in this wrap-up post: Passenger side instrument panel trim plate (dash area) -- 25807742, as far as a 2010 or 2011 Tahoe LTZ is concerned, is not needed.

The only warning I want to mention is that if it is possible to install extended towing mirrors on a 2010 or 2011 Tahoe LTZ and you have them installed, parts 20877680 and 20883864 may not be correct; I just don’t know.

I will post pictures of the interior of my vehicle as soon as possible, although it may be as late as this weekend before I have enough time. :winner_first_h4h:

I also have a 2011 Tahoe LT and Im going to be changing out to the Z71 Brushed Metal look. Im still confused on the part numbers. I do not have the Cup holder flip covers but im still missing a piece from your list.

I have the following that need replaced and if you can poist Part #'s That would be SUPER helpful.

Im calling the peices as if im sitting in the drivers seat-----

Small piece on left side of steering wheel next to driver AC Vent

Small piece on right side of steering wheel has the DIC controls

Center Piece (The one around the AC and Radio)

Long piece on passenger side. (The Peice right in front of the passenger)

Front Driver Door

Front Passenger Door

Rear Passenger Door

Rear Driver Door

Thanks for the help!!

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I also have a 2011 Tahoe LT and Im going to be changing out to the Z71 Brushed Metal look. Im still confused on the part numbers. I do not have the Cup holder flip covers but im still missing a piece from your list.

I have the following that need replaced and if you can poist Part #'s That would be SUPER helpful.

Im calling the peices as if im sitting in the drivers seat-----

A -- Small piece on left side of steering wheel next to driver AC Vent

B -- Small piece on right side of steering wheel has the DIC controls

C -- Center Piece (The one around the AC and Radio)

D -- Long piece on passenger side. (The Peice right in front of the passenger)

E -- Front Driver Door

F -- Front Passenger Door

G -- Rear Passenger Door

H -- Rear Driver Door

Thanks for the help!!

Keep in mind that the Z71 trim is still plastic, but it just doesn't look like plastic. :)

I edited your post above to add letters A through H to the items you listed, and then matched them up with my post showing the parts numbers. So here goes:

A -- Driver side instrument panel trim plate (dash area) -- 25807743

B and D are combined, as this is one long single piece -- Center instrument panel trim plate (dash area) -- 25807745

C -- Center instrument panel accessory trim plate (plate that goes around the Radio/AC/Navigation spot on the front center console) -- 25807746

Nothing corresponds to your list above, but here's the part number if you want it -- Center console cupholders/storage compartment -- 20951471

E -- Driver side front door switch bezel -- 20877680

F -- Passenger side front door switch bezel -- 20883864

H -- Driver side rear door switch bezel -- 25909747

G -- Passenger side rear door switch bezel -- 25909753

Last edited:

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great work Steven.......I want to do my Yukon but those pieces don't look quite like they match what I have shape wise.

Where were you able to do the search for yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21tahoepos