Looking For a CAI Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We proved decades ago that those smooth pipes in between the throttle body and air cleaner/filter are more for looks than performance. I started using those cone-shaped filters back in the 1980s and they did allow the cars to make more hp, about .35/3mph over the 1/4 mile. My sleepers ran factory air cleaners and cross flow Flowmasters and still produced 425 RWHP but our cars making over 500hp used the cones (filters) and 2 chamber mufflers. The factory pipe between the throttle body and air cleaner wasn't a problem until 450 or so HP.

I would imagine that these naturally aspirated V8s would respond to such mods in similar fashion.

What did catch my attention was a video showing a fellow picking up 2mpg with a CAI over stock. As for me and my house, that's the kind of performance I'm after. Is it true?

DieselNate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I run the Volant CAI on my wife's '12, love the sound, not sure I gained anything, but it was time for a new air filter so just got a CAI....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645