Looking For a CAI Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osfd442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im looking to get a CAI kit and wanted some feedback on what is the best kit to get? Best HP gain? Price isnt a concern. Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
osfd442

osfd442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so after doing some research on this site looks like alot of members just replaced the tube with the Airaid M.I.T and a AEM dryflow filter. Any suggestions?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so after doing some research on this site looks like alot of members just replaced the tube with the Airaid M.I.T and a AEM dryflow filter. Any suggestions?

definitely the best bang for the buck

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I as well suggest an Airaid MIT and AEM Dryflow filter (although a quality stock-replacement filter is fine). The OEM intake setup already is a "cold air intake" by function, it just doesn't have the cool, space-age appearance you pay for with the $300 kits. Just make sure that foam seal between the air filter box and fender is still in place. When that rots away, the engine will then suck some of the hot air from the engine bay. The only functional drawbacks to the OEM intake are that accordion bellow part and the resonator/muffler chambers the tube has. They disrupt the airflow which costs a few ponies. The MIT takes care of all of that.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me an ol' codger, but I doubt any so called CAI does much beyond the factory setup unless you're running forced induction.

In other words, consider spending the money where it'll make a more noticeable difference (i.e., upgraded shocks or bushings or sway bars, or a custom tune.)

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya old codger...:p

I did it for the looks and the sound and then hopefully some extra hps haha

Edit: i have no idea what a codger is. Lol

Last edited:

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me an ol' codger, but I doubt any so called CAI does much beyond the factory setup unless you're running forced induction.

In other words, consider spending the money where it'll make a more noticeable difference (i.e., upgraded shocks or bushings or sway bars, or a custom tune.)
It's really hard to argue this logic. We can be convinced that a "Cold Air Intake" will make appreciable horsepower but it simply does not. There's nothing thing cold about it. Do I have one? Yes, a Volant. But I really like the change in sound. It makes the motor more noticeable in its process of gulping air and nothing more. That's all it does. Save your money for a BBP tune and good tires

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Straight open and non-restricted aftermarket tube compared to curvy crooked and baffled oem tube.

Common sense in engineering

Same exact concept as exhaust , which funny enough proves hp gains.

Oem box over open cone filter that sucks in engine heat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518