Locker...I hate this G80 crap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
no problem, its pretty high on my list to do. The conversion for us NBS guys is pretty easy, although im sure its not hard to find a leaf 14 bolt. You could prob. grab one out of any 2500

Jim_Rockford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My g80 has 299k on it and still works great in the snow. I wouldn't plan on going rock crawling with it.

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
The G80 is great if your a soccer mom on a rainy day...I always wondered why people trash talked this G80, it was intended for just that, various "rare" condtions, not harsh offroad stuff constantly locking up, Eaton is a good company, it is just time for something reliable in a constant setting. True trac looks good...Im about to order the setup- thinking about a helical locker for the front, as long as i get the rear locking right first. Thanks for all the input.

If you can find a locker for the front let me know. I spent months searching and the best I could find is that the aluminum housing is too weak to handle the torque load of a locking differential.
But if you can find a locker and a solution to the weak housing problem, I'd like to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975