Lifting a '17 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading from a '15 Yukon SLT, to a '16, or '17 Denali. How difficult is it to lift a 4x4 Denali? I wanted a Z71, but I want the 6.2 of the Denali. Thanks for any info that will help.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The 4" will work fine just need resistors to disable auto ride or shock extenders and ride height rod extensions to keep auto ride setup. Might use a dual cardan front shaft if you get driveline vibrations. This may or may not be an issue since the 15+ has a selectable transfer case. My next Denali will be 4" on 33/22x10 or maybe x12.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still haven’t found anyone that has a resistor set up for the 15+ Denalis...

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if I was to say do a leveling kit instead of say 2” in the front and 1” in the rear, does that affect the magnetic ride at all? And is it even worth it?

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will give you more bumper clearance.

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I guess my question then is, should I just get a Denali, and do a 2" level, or get a regular 4x4 SLT, and do a 4" lift? I just don't know if the 6.2 is really worth the lack of being able to lift.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 is awesome. But the magnetic shocks suck.
The Chevy suburban is supposed to come out with the 6.2 and regular suspension. If you want a Tahoe, suburban wait for that.

I’m desperatly waiting for someone to figure out the 15+ magnetic ride over ride.
Sadly when pressed, all the companies “that have done tons of the new Denalis” will finally admit they were 2014 and older.

But as more of these come out, and they come down in thenused car market price,
People will lift and a demand will appear and the product will come out.
I don’t know anything about computers and the wife will kill me if I start testing resistors and pop anything.