Lifting a '17 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Go for 6.2 it’s worth it!!!!! Try a 3.9 Ohm 25 watt resistor in place of one shock and see if you get codes. It won’t do anything to the computer just get error code that’s it. If it doesn’t work then reconnect shock.

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am seeing guys running the 6" Fabtech kit on thier Denali without any issues. I may go that route. The downside to the Denali is all the damn chrome

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 6 inch kit just uses factory shock extenders. So no added travel, no added ability to handle the increase leverage and no ability to handle added weight from a heavier wheel tire package

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me personally? No.

These magnetic shocks with the gmc tuning suck at everything.

I wish we could get the Cadillac switch and tunes. Or someone could return them.

But yeah. With the added weight of 35-37 inch wheels and the added leverage of a lift using extensions, not to smart.

I’m hoping some one comes out with a resistor or cooler like the 14 and older trucks. Then we can switch out a shock with a larger body, better valving and a reservoir to handle the heat/extra fluid and bubbles!
Not to mention gain travel, compression and droop.

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, what are my options with a Denali? Just a leveling kit? Or just do away with the Denali all together and just get a 4x4 Yukon?
Thanks for all the helpful info!!

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find someone’s wolling to test the resistance needed to trick the magnetic shocks

Rock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I raised the 2016 Z71 1.5 inches in front with ready lift. The z71 doesnt have that front air dam which needs to be taken off on all other yukons tahoes, etc. 9 estecially speaking )

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited: