Lifter ticking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliJJ

Reaction score
Mine is also missing but doesn’t make a sound. Hopefully that’s your problem. Easy fix
I hope that it’s the case. I can feel air tick my hand when running after sat over night It’s also down below 30 at night here. As weather got noticeably cooler the noise was more prevalent until warmed up

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope that it’s the case. I can feel air tick my hand when running after sat over night It’s also down below 30 at night here. As weather got noticeably cooler the noise was more prevalent until warmed up

I’d say that’s your sound. Easy fix.

06Escalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was Lucas oil stabilizer.
That stabilizer is like maple syrup. Will thicken your oil, slowing the flow at startup, making it tick and rap like crazy till the engine gets enough oil. Get that prehistoric stuff outta there.

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stabilizer is like maple syrup. Will thicken your oil, slowing the flow at startup, making it tick and rap like crazy till the engine gets enough oil. Get that prehistoric stuff outta there.

It’s gone now but I had zero issues like that. Maybe it helped to hold all the shit in suspension and get it to the filter? Who knows but all has been well now for a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
him__chase