Leveled and towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OCyukon-

what do you mean by "doesn't tow that great going down the freeway"?

i have a 15 burb w/ Tony's rear lower level kit & it tows my buddies boat & travel trailer fine.

i am about to lower my burb further, so i just ordered the airlift bag kit from Tony.

OP
OP
OCyukon

OCyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The back end bounces up and down a lot with any little bump. The power is fine and I am not having sway problems.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like your trailer is not level.
standing back from a distance, how does trailer look when hooked up?

bags could definitely help w/ that

what size raised hitch do you have?

i had to use a 3" raised to level the trailer out on mine.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your trailer to a scale and weigh the tongue weight (with your gear). Sounds to me like you either have too much weight at the rear of the trailer, or you need to change how many links you are on your chain for the WDH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OCyukon

OCyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The trailer is currently empty because it is brand new so I do not think it is the tongue weight. The trailer looks level but the back of the yukon sags even with the autoride. I am using the curt raised hitch

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many chain links are you hooking into on your distribution bars? When I had three hooked in, I noticed I had a lot of bounce. I backed it off to two links on each side and all was good. Yours could be different due to different weight and being lowered, but worth messing around with.

As for the sag, can you hear your compressor kick on after you attach the trailer? If not I'd say you have an issue with your auto ride not functioning properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am lowered 2/3 and tow a boat and a 27' travel trailer without any of the issues you describe. I doubt it is your lowering kit causing the issue. I have a WDH for the travel trailer and do 2 links like suggested above.

OP
OP
OCyukon

OCyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went to the 4th link and it is a lot better. Thanks for all the help. I am still considering adding the air lift bags just don't know how much of a difference it will make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n