LED Underglow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elijah Dover

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After riding around a friends truck, and seeing some of the added accessories he has done, I am really digging his LED underglow. Have any of you all done something like this? I've noticed that all the ones I've seen, the lights are tucked to far under the car, or are not bright enough. And if you guys can possibly drop some links where you got yours at, and how did you install them? Any and all help is great!

IMG_4003.JPG

bzpilot

Reaction score
The placement of the lights tucked up under the car is done a lot of times for legality. Many states/jurisdictions have strict laws about neon lights on vehicles. If the actual lights are visible or just the reflection is visible can be the difference if whether you get ticketed in some places. Some states/jurisdictions have color restrictions, others the lights can't be on with the vehicle in motion, etc.

I know this didn't exactly answer your question just wanted to point it out before you put money into something you might not be able to use like you planned on.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Every place is illegal, just a matter of cops have better and bigger fish to fry than worrying about a truck with underglow.
I don't have a link for a specific kit but I'll post what I do this weekend. Kinda making my own underglow, hopefully it turns out like it does in my head lol.

OhFourChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a buddy named torreto, he said you got to place them behind the body mounts so no one can see them, he's got some on his Supra he got from a friend of his after a train hit his charger while they were racing.

OP
OP
Elijah Dover

Elijah Dover

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a buddy named torreto, he said you got to place them behind the body mounts so no one can see them, he's got some on his Supra he got from a friend of his after a train hit his charger while they were racing.
I think it's bad considering that it took me a minute to get that, even though it's from my favorite movie series

Talked to some cops that live down the street from me, they told me as long as they aren't flashing blue or red, then most cops won't care at all. Only once have I ever been asked about my tint...so I don't go up to Austin much anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Elijah Dover , you're lucky. In California highway patrol will stop us for anything. I mean anything. Id love to do some underglow, just simple one color, but I know the minute I do ill get pulled over for it regardless if it's legal or not haha.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
When I lived in cali I had underglow on my gsxr ,but they knew they couldn't catch me anyway lol.
But youre in norcal right? Cops are dicks up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DBPA2024

Latest posts