just got my BB tuned PCM back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So on the way home, even better with the higher octane. Now I'm wishing I had done the 91. It just now feels like it should. More power on tap just waiting to be used. It feels new. I'll do the 91 oct when I get it re-tuned for the CAI, headers and EFan. For now, I'm lovin it.

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can't wait to get my tune(waiting my turn for the data log cable). So I guess I should go with the high Octane tune. Is it ok once in a while to use lower octane sometimes?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It "should" be fine, but chances are, that the vehicle really won't run how you want it to, and you may experience knock.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, i was thinking about getting a BB tune, but like hell i would pay for hi-octane gas up here! lol i'll just stick with 87 Mobil gas, that's good enough and i'll go with a lower tune. i REALLY wish i'd had the money to get a tune in person when BB was up my way, but i'll just have to wait.
it'd be great to throw in a 454 in my 99 X-D but i'll wait until i destroy the engine AND tranny at the same time to make it worth it lol

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did the 89 and it IS a little more and if it gets to be TOO much more, i'll just put in 87 should i need it. i don't know if 89 to 87 would increase the chances of knocking and pinging.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes it will increase the chances, however, it is also dependent on the quality of gas as well.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
but really the difference in gas price would be a 6 pack or a slice of pizza and a milkshake..may as well go with the good stuff..IMO.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will increase the chances, however, it is also dependent on the quality of gas as well.

Hmm...in that case, I'll just keep going with the 89...I can't imagine a time when I can't spend $.10 more a gallon. BTW, chalk me up as another very satisfied customer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881