just got my BB tuned PCM back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only took it for a little drive around the block...maybe not long enough to have it warmed up and still with left over 87 oct gas but for now, I haven't been able to tell any difference at all. I'm optimistic though and will wait till I can get a longer drive and higher oct gas in and hope that I can tell a difference then. Will it take some time to tell? Does lower oct gas really hinder it that much?

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i just got my PCM today too but not my tuned one!! cant wait to put it on tomorrow and send it out!! i already have high grade in my tank...cant wait to get the real one.
hope you feel the punch when you go for a longer drive..ill tune in later to hear your results! good luck.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch for your shifts under normal acceleration, should be much smoother. I noticed it just enough for it to be worth it. Little extra get up and go and some extra passing. Get a intake in there and it will really wake your truck up

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a K&N air filter in the stock box....i have yet to hear anyone say definitely that an open CAI system is better than the stock box with high flow filter. i'm going to clean and recharge my filter tomorrow.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you get the high octane tune? If so, you need to get higher octane in your tank!

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i did and that's why i'm optimistic about it. i haven't driven on the highway yet either so i'm not giving my final judgment till i have the gas and have driven it on the highway.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Well the difference in my truck when I went from without a tuned pcm to the BB tuned pcm with 93 octane was night and day. Put a real CAI/Headers/Dual Exhaust and you got yourself something nice.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta say, having it out on the highway, I can DEFINITELY feel/tell the difference. So far it just feels like it's stronger while on the highway. I can tell there's power there ready to go and stepping on it and having it downshift feels great. It feels like a new truck. The speedo has also been recalibrated for the bigger tires. I just put in higher octane gas and will see what that's like on the way home. So far, so good. Loving the tune. When I'm able to do the E-fan and headers/CAI, I'll send it back to Justin to have it changed. Next and cheapest on the list is the E-Fan. I can't wait.

carnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bb ?

New to the site, does BB stand for big block engine? I installed a 7.4L 454 into my 95' tahoe and it runs like a ***** ape

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts