Apparently I need a new PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm also leaning towards a harness issue. A well known issue is the tb plug. Over the years with the motor vibrating the copper wires tend to break inside the insulation. The plug looks fine from the outside, but the copper strands are barely making contact. I've had to replace my tb plug twice because of this. Why not try replacing the tb plug 1st? Much cheaper and less aggravating.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also leaning towards a harness issue. A well known issue is the tb plug. Over the years with the motor vibrating the copper wires tend to break inside the insulation. The plug looks fine from the outside, but the copper strands are barely making contact. I've had to replace my tb plug twice because of this. Why not try replacing the tb plug 1st? Much cheaper and less aggravating.
I agree here. While it may be possible for the ecm to be bad.... it is unlikely. Do you know what the sticker on the ecm case is? Someone here may be able to help out if you do need to replace yours. But again, it sounds more like a wiring issue to me. Heck, it could even be a corrosion issue at one of the connections. And let's hope the mechanic remembered to disconnect the battery before poking around the ecm and didn't hurt something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo