Chrome or black out

• I love chrome!

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Blacker the better!

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Black with a touch of chrome

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like both.

For the newer trucks, if you have a black truck a little bit of chrome to set off the black looks nice.

I don't like the all chrome mirrors, but a tasteful strip looks better IMHO.

I did a quick and dirty photochop on a picture of @16blkltz's Tahoe for an example:

Before:
IMG_4191.JPG
After:
IMG_4191b.JPG

OP
OP
Ryno77

Ryno77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very nice! I like what you did there. I agree the touch of chrome seems to set it off on all black.

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More black but not all black, needs a little contrast. All black looks like the Mennonite vehicles around here. You need a 3rd option for the poll, "Black with a touch of chrome"

OP
OP
Ryno77

Ryno77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Added +

More black but not all black, needs a little contrast. All black looks like the Mennonite vehicles around here. You need a 3rd option for the poll, "Black with a touch of chrome"

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for one can't stand the chrome besides the Denali grill. I prefer the solid color all around. I still don't know that to do with the chrome window trim and the stupid body moldings

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it just the way they come. A little chrome, but not too splashy. As far as the bow tie, black has grown on me. But I don't think it should cost extra $$. Just a way for GM to make a quick buckon the back of the poor working stiff.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm caught up in the middle. I was thinking of blacking out the chrome around the windows on mine but I am probably putting a set of chrome wheels on so the trim around the window would be enough of an accent. I've got a big sheet of silver so I can 'RST' my grill as well which should look nice and eliminate the chrome on the front. I've been holding off wrapping the grill because I figured if I have to remove the bumper I might as well figure out what I am doing with the fog lights at the same time. So while I wanted to eliminate all the body chrome I am now thinking with a set of chrome wheels it might look better to have the window accent.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm caught up in the middle. I was thinking of blacking out the chrome around the windows on mine but I am probably putting a set of chrome wheels on so the trim around the window would be enough of an accent. I've got a big sheet of silver so I can 'RST' my grill as well which should look nice and eliminate the chrome on the front. I've been holding off wrapping the grill because I figured if I have to remove the bumper I might as well figure out what I am doing with the fog lights at the same time. So while I wanted to eliminate all the body chrome I am now thinking with a set of chrome wheels it might look better to have the window accent.
What are you going to do with your OEM wheels? They are the standard wheel, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE