Escalade Side trim delete! Yay or nay??

Trim or no trim?

• Keep the trim!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Ditch the trim!

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer no side moldings as well.

However the Escalade has holes in the door panel for the side moldings. What’d you do with the holes in the side of the door? Did you plug them with something?
Electrical tape :D. I’m wrapping the driver side trim and temporarily put some E tape over the holes.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Nothing wrong with that, especially if it’s just a temporary thing. Hell as long as it stays flat you’re probably the only one that knows.

What’d you do to black out the chrome trim on the bottom of the window trim reveal moldings?

1703075297626.jpeg

Is that wrapped in vinyl also? If so, how long has it been wrapped and how’s it holding up?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The Esky’s have that recessed belt line channel bling’d into the door panels unlike the Tahoe & Yuke. It really sticks out like a sore thumb when the trim is removed.

I think the least of the two evils is keeping the door trim nerered’d out.

All it takes is one time with the truck parked on a steep parking lot for little Johnny to open his 500lb SUV door and have gravity put a silver dollar size permanent pimple in that black panel.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks nicer without but I wouldn’t spend thousands to fill in the holes and repaint the doors unless the doors already need to be repainted.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Nothing wrong with that, especially if it’s just a temporary thing. Hell as long as it stays flat you’re probably the only one that knows.

What’d you do to black out the chrome trim on the bottom of the window trim reveal moldings?

View attachment 416914

Is that wrapped in vinyl also? If so, how long has it been wrapped and how’s it holding up?
Took the entire mirror apart, sanded the chrome with 180 to 360grit. The. Sprayed it with spraymax 2 part black epoxy primer then a couple coats of spraymax 2 part single stage gloss black. It’s quite a bit of work but it’s been holding up great

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks nicer without but I wouldn’t spend thousands to fill in the holes and repaint the doors unless the doors already need to be repainted.
The garage is setup to spray just need to find the time. I’m currently prepping a dual exhaust rear bumper cover and a new freebee aftermarket platinum bumper cover curtesy of USP for leave tiny crack in it no one will ever see

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Esky’s have that recessed belt line channel bling’d into the door panels unlike the Tahoe & Yuke. It really sticks out like a sore thumb when the trim is removed.

I think the least of the two evils is keeping the door trim nerered’d out.

All it takes is one time with the truck parked on a steep parking lot for little Johnny to open his 500lb SUV door and have gravity put a silver dollar size permanent pimple in that black panel.
True that, I like that little belt line more then the trim!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10