Escalade Side trim delete! Yay or nay??

Trim or no trim?

• Keep the trim!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Ditch the trim!

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the new body style GM SUVs with minimal or no trim for a cleaner look. So I’ve been thinking about filling the holes in the doors for the side trim and thought I’d get some opinions first, what do think? Vote above or leave a comment below thanks for looking!

With trim:
IMG_0129.jpeg

Without:
IMG_0131.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks much better without the trim, but I have too many idiots in my area banging their doors into me. If I did that, I'd have to park way out in every lot. Becomes tiresome after a while.
I’m not worried about the idiots as much as when the wife takes it for the day :D

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it without it too

but since it was already black I'd have probably left it in my town. I hate my chrome sides but I'm worried it would get beat up even worse without it.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the new body style GM SUVs with minimal or no trim for a cleaner look. So I’ve been thinking about filling the holes in the doors for the side trim and thought I’d get some opinions first, what do think? Vote above or leave a comment below thanks for looking!

With trim:
View attachment 416489

Without:
View attachment 416490
My trim panels on my Denalis are loaded with nicks from careless ass hats. Better there than in the sheet metal.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it without it too

but since it was already black I'd have probably left it in my town. I hate my chrome sides but I'm worried it would get beat up even worse without it.
The passenger side is vinyl wrapped, was pretty easy to do.

Down8

Reaction score
I replaced mine with something much more flat:

Aside from protection, I have never really liked how slab-sided this generation was and feel they need a body line of some sort. But less ugly.

Your Escalade though could pull off a smooth look. I like it.

-bZj

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with something much more flat:

Aside from protection, I have never really liked how slab-sided this generation was and feel they need a body line of some sort. But less ugly.

Your Escalade though could pull off a smooth look. I like it.
Thanks! I like the body lines of the truck but just can’t stand how glittery these trucks are.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer no side moldings as well.

However the Escalade has holes in the door panel for the side moldings. What’d you do with the holes in the side of the door? Did you plug them with something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019