Jonah52's Denali Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Retro is in! Pulled fuse number 31 so they won't fire as DRL's.

Also got Philips Vision LED 194 for my license plates and puddle lights. After doing some serious research in HID Planet it was he concensus thatbthese bulbs offered the most consistent output with hot spots. In person they have the intensity of an LED with the ambiant glow of a halogen. They are listed at 6000k but are dead nuts 5000k. They match my retro nicely.

I also got new reverse bulbs. I bought halogen sylvania 7440 silverstars. I did this because I was after output not color and these suckers are bright. I would rate them at about 4300-4500k and are $10 a pair at autozone. They are so freaking bright it's great.

All of this was sparked after getting sick of swapping eBay bulbs all the time.

Quality lighting is pure white in my opinion and that is the most usable color for output (4000k-5000k).

Next I will be looking for either some quality chrome bulbs for my 3457 and 194 in my headlights or just swapping the 194 for a quality sylvania.

I drove the retro around at dusk and it was way brighter than I expected. I would highly recommend black flame customs these are very high quality lights. I got a great deal and these may just be my new favorite mod over my G4's.

The retro specs are as follows:

MH1 6.0 projector
Morimoto 3Five 4500k bulbs
Morimoto 3Five 35w ballasts
Morimoto Relay Harness
Eagle Eye Denali Housings
Bullet chrome shrouds
Sylvania 3457 signal
Unknown 194 Amber marker

The 3457 appear new and I will probably get a sylvania 194 in the market tomorrow. 8 would like to go LED but the light is not enough if an ambiant glow to be visible during the day so I will stick with quality halogens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019