Is Moog the only way to go for front end replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have to ask. Sometimes we just don't have the money to go with the best parts. I just might have to install a piece at a time.

That's an awful lot of taking apart and putting back together. If you can survive on what you have for a bit, maybe just take your time acquiring the parts as you can afford them, and then do the job once.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any parts come to mind?
One does come to mind, the ball joints for the 91-99 suburban, OEM does not have a grease fitting while most aftermarket parts do. If I am not mistaken, Moog uses better quality hardened steel on theirs than stock also.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC Delco parts are fine. Amazon has everything you will need. Free shipping also if you're a Prime member.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rare parts make some really high quality stuff. I'm using their tierods, pitman arm, idler arm bracket, along with a moog idler arm and cognito support brackets. Rare parts re-engineers their gm steering parts to fix its faults. My steering feels great without a steering stabilizer but my gearbox is getting worn so I still have some play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to ask. Sometimes we just don't have the money to go with the best parts. I just might have to install a piece at a time.

If your doing tie rod ends, pitman arm etc. it's best to do it all at once cause you need to get an alignment for all of that, and plus if you do it piece by piece your alignment might be off and in turn you might damage your new parts if you don't do it all at once

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
If your doing tie rod ends, pitman arm etc. it's best to do it all at once cause you need to get an alignment for all of that, and plus if you do it piece by piece your alignment might be off and in turn you might damage your new parts if you don't do it all at once

very true. I have life time alignments on all my rides for this very reason!

MrMiller

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for the new guy question but my 04 has 230,000 on it and by the looks of it the front end stuff has not changed. Is there a list of parts that are recommended to be replaced? I would like to have piece of mind.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you want to go crazy and do it all, here's what I'd do (and have done:))

Pitman arm
Idler arm
Idler Link arm
Inner and outer tie rods (both sides)
Upper and lower ball joints (both sides)
Front shocks
Sway bar end links

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you want to go crazy and do it all, here's what I'd do (and have done:))

Pitman arm
Idler arm
Idler Link arm
Inner and outer tie rods (both sides)
Upper and lower ball joints (both sides)
Front shocks
Sway bar end links

X2 on this check it all out first maybe it's still good, but if you have to do say tie rod ends I'd do everything else while your in there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz