2005 AWD Denali XL front end part recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surface Dr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am getting ready to rebuild my front end of my 05 xl and would like some advice or opinions on which parts package/ kit you guys might recommend. 165K miles and I hope to keep it for 2 or 3 more years. I am looking at two different packages. Dorman Premium from rock auto and Moog 13 piece from ebay . I am open to any suggestions on these parts. Also, is there anything I should do with the steering box as far as tightening it up of replacement? I appreciate any thoughts and opinions.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you consider OEM parts? They lasted you for 165k.

Yes, there is a cost difference (though much smaller if you order from GMPartsDirect.com), but at the end of the day, you get what you pay for..... at best.

SpareParts

Reaction score
Thats odd.
I put all TTX i could get on a 98 chevy 3/4 ton truck 3 or 4 years ago and my friend ended up buying it from me. Has at least 20k on it more now and is still tight and solid.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to rebuild my front end of my 05 xl and would like some advice or opinions on which parts package/ kit you guys might recommend. 165K miles and I hope to keep it for 2 or 3 more years. I am looking at two different packages. Dorman Premium from rock auto and Moog 13 piece from ebay . I am open to any suggestions on these parts. Also, is there anything I should do with the steering box as far as tightening it up of replacement? I appreciate any thoughts and opinions.
the 1A auto TRQ front end kits are sold on Amazon at a fair price, I put there kit on the wife's 05 2-3 years ago and it's holding up just fine
in addition to there kit I put a new oem pitman arm/control arm and a remaned steering box. the thing drives like new

I considered oem but the cost was a couple hundred more, the TRQ quality is good in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz