Is Moog the only way to go for front end replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really need to replace my tie rods and pitmen idler arms. but I have spend most of my money until the end of june. I would like to go cheaper. Any thoughts?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I really need to replace my tie rods and pitmen idler arms. but I have spend most of my money until the end of june. I would like to go cheaper. Any thoughts?

Moog is great quality. Won't really want to go cheap when it comes to components like that.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive found that they are over priced compared to AC Delco Pro. Moog does make some problem solver parts to fix a known problem with OEM. If the OEM parts worked fine but are just worn due to high mileage then why not put new ones of the same make back on? I probably will never spend MOOG money on front end parts ever again unless I run into a OEM problem that is well documented that someone like Moog has fixed in their design.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
If oem is the way you're looking to go then rock auto is the place to look. Plus there is a coupon to save 5% in the vendor thread right now

OP
OP
C

cheebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive found that they are over priced compared to AC Delco Pro. Moog does make some problem solver parts to fix a known problem with OEM. If the OEM parts worked fine but are just worn due to high mileage then why not put new ones of the same make back on? I probably will never spend MOOG money on front end parts ever again unless I run into a OEM problem that is well documented that someone like Moog has fixed in their design.
What OEM problems? Like what?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes OEM parts are of original design and known for premature failure or issues with the performance of the part. Some aftermarket manufacturers engineer improvements over the original design to make the part more robust, ease the installation, or just plain outlast and perform the task better.

OP
OP
C

cheebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sometimes OEM parts are of original design and known for premature failure or issues with the performance of the part. Some aftermarket manufacturers engineer improvements over the original design to make the part more robust, ease the installation, or just plain outlast and perform the task better.
Any parts come to mind?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not an area you want to cheap out on or you'll be doing the same job again in 6 months

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
This is not an area you want to cheap out on or you'll be doing the same job again in 6 months

That's what I said. Nothing worse than doing a job like ball joints, getting it aligned and having to do and pay all over again for a failed part

OP
OP
C

cheebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have to ask. Sometimes we just don't have the money to go with the best parts. I just might have to install a piece at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts