installing a back-up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spectralen

Reaction score
I removed mine w/o removing the rear wiper motor. Wasn't easy. I didn't see any loctite. I'm going to put an aftermarket cam there and the screen that's built into a rear view mirror and that clips on your factory mirror.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed mine w/o removing the rear wiper motor. Wasn't easy. I didn't see any loctite. I'm going to put an aftermarket cam there and the screen that's built into a rear view mirror and that clips on your factory mirror.

Do you have any info on this set up you're looking at?
Sounds simple enough. I like simple:)

spectralen

Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-420TVL-Car-Reverse-Backup-Camera-5-LCD-Car-Rear-View-Mirror-Monitor-Kits/272362271318?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The description notes that the camera mounts upside down. I'm going to grab power at the tailight reverse light wire, then run between the headliner and roof all the way to the front and drop in at the rearview mirror and clip this mirror over mine. I'll run thru the rubber gromets also.

I put a similar one on my daughters Avalanche and it works pretty nice.

This one has a backup sensor and buzzer. I could dig that option.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-3-LCD-Re...031677?hash=item3f65c0283d:g:5RMAAOSwtJZXV9ZP

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hmm no loctite is good... I want to do it the "factory way".. but am also planning on he mirror upgrade. I believe there s one, it has the "Onstar" too I believe though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA