installing a back-up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering installing a/the backup camera. From what I hear it is a pita to get the trim/bezel off where the camera itself mounts to because the nuts are in there with locktite.
Is that so? is there a way to get those loosened up, without wrecking anything?

Ron

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What trim bezel are you speaking about? I installed a backup camera and it was fairly simple.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think hes talking about thecrear applique thing where chevy puts the bowtie and gmc dont

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a pain but doable. Hardest part for me was removing the wiper motor and getting it back on. Took me a few hours from start to finish, there’s a good guide somewhere with pics, search for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiper motor? Where are you trying to install the camera?

I just removed the black plastic cover. That gave me access to the nuts holding the plastic trim. Popped it off and installed the camera.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why Loctite? It doesn't rotate or vibrate

Spin the studs out, you're gonna replace the whole thing any how. and don't forget to paint to match.

Well... if I can prevent that from happening.. I'd rather re-use the thing. I wonder, after cuttinhg the hole, if one could get the camera in without taking that thing off.

I don't know why thee's :eek:ctite, I was just told (by an audio guy who has done them quite a bit) that they used Loctite to secure the nuts.

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a pain but doable. Hardest part for me was removing the wiper motor and getting it back on. Took me a few hours from start to finish, there’s a good guide somewhere with pics, search for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched that write up, seems like the wiper motor, and the trim where the bezel goes, use the same screws/bolts.?

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345