360 camera *issue*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickj03b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up a brand new 2024 Yukon Denali yesterday and noticed on the 360 camera view it does not show the sunroof on the screen (and my car does have one). This in conjunction with the birds eye view and the rear tire backup view don't seem to match (birds eyes seems to show the rear end further back than the other). I've watched countless youtube videos of others and they didn't seem to have the alignment between views issue.

Just wondering if anyone else have even noticed this. Cant find anything when searching. I've added two photos, one shows sunroof and other does not.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.PNG
    IMG_2178.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2179.PNG
    IMG_2179.PNG
    951.2 KB · Views: 7

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do realize that the "Truck" birds eye view is a computer generated graphic, image processed with camera inputs from multiple cameras around the vehicle. There is not a drone flying over the top of you to take these pictures.
I am sure they didn't make a separate graphic for each vehicle to be the exact color and top down view based on what options were ordered.

I don't even understand the second part of your statement about the birds eye view showing the rear end further back...
Like I said, the birds eye view is a composite set of images created from the many cameras around the truck.
The rear view is simply the view out the rear camera.

What were you expecting?

trckrhntr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the car shown is just a representation of how your vehicle is in the composite image. Pretty sure my Tahoe shows a Suburban/Yukon XL. There is no camera above the car. It would be nice if it was a representation of the actual car, but that would mean a custom programming for every color, roof rails, cross bars and (as you mentioned) sun roof. Probably not worth the effort.

There are 2 distinct cameras on the tailgate. I suspect the look-down camera is used in the composite and the look-back in the rear view (I'm strictly guessing here). That may explain the difference.

I don't rely on the composite view for more than general guidance.

OP
OP
N

nickj03b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I understand there is no camera above the car or a drone (thanks for that useful response). The birds eye shows that I am much closer to an object than the actual rear camera shows.

My other question just asks why do some yukons show the sunroof and others do not, on the left birds eye portion. I attached the photos for reference for what I was asking about.

trckrhntr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Honestly I totally glossed over the two images being distinct from each other. I thought the image on mine changed colors at one point. Maybe a difference between night and day "modes."

I did give my best guess on the difference between the two views:

"There are 2 distinct cameras on the tailgate. I suspect the look-down camera is used in the composite and the look-back in the rear view (I'm strictly guessing here). That may explain the difference."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019