Installed Intune 87 Octane Tune. NIIIIIIICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amscomps

Reaction score
Cmicasa,

What was your final Diablo tune settings? How's it running? Mileage?

OP
OP
Cmicasa the Great XvX

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cmicasa,

What was your final Diablo tune settings? How's it running? Mileage?

87 Octane Tune with Throttle bumped to 20% and RPM shifts changed to 10% Firm and Torque Management back on..

REV LIMITER 0%

THROTTLE up 20%

SHIFT POINTS various different degrees but mostly in the 3-4K range

SPARK TIMING ADVANCE/RETARD- Left Alone

FUEL RICH/LEAN ADJUSTMENT- went up 5% RICHER

CALIBRATE SPEEDOMETER FOR GEAR RATIO- Didn't Touch

ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT- OFF

SHIFT FIRMNESS- Went with FIRM 10%, except from 1-2 where I went with 6%

SPEED LIMITER- Removed

TORQUE MANAGEMENT ADJUSTMENT- Turned on

IDLE RPM- Didn't Touch

CALIBRATE SPEEDOMETER FOR TIRE SIZE- Didn't Touch

Truck runs ultra smooth. Much more responsive and fuel economy overall has been combined 18MPG with about 60% highway driving

Denver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there...new guy here. Been reading the forum lately with great interest.

I have an '07 Tahoe 5.3L with about 103K miles. I do quite a bit of towing and also I've noticed an occasional high idle. Wondering if this might fix the problem and I'd like to get rid of the AFM and that dumb speed limiter. Plus the performance gains makes it seem like something fun to do. Like getting a new vehicle almost. :)

I like the idea of DIY, however I'm trying to weigh it against driving to the next Black Bear tuning event nearest me (in Alexandria, VA). I live in Orlando so it would be a haul but I don't mind a road trip.

Then again if I could come close to replicating a professional tune it's worth saving the travel time. Plus you always have the device to change the programming as necessary.

Thoughts?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there...new guy here. Been reading the forum lately with great interest.

I have an '07 Tahoe 5.3L with about 103K miles. I do quite a bit of towing and also I've noticed an occasional high idle. Wondering if this might fix the problem and I'd like to get rid of the AFM and that dumb speed limiter. Plus the performance gains makes it seem like something fun to do. Like getting a new vehicle almost. :)

I like the idea of DIY, however I'm trying to weigh it against driving to the next Black Bear tuning event nearest me (in Alexandria, VA). I live in Orlando so it would be a haul but I don't mind a road trip.

Then again if I could come close to replicating a professional tune it's worth saving the travel time. Plus you always have the device to change the programming as necessary.

Thoughts?
Man just ask the guy "Justin " what you want and he make happen the guy taken his time with you up to you satisfied.
[emoji206] [emoji335]

Denver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man just ask the guy "Justin " what you want and he make happen the guy taken his time with you up to you satisfied.
[emoji206] [emoji335]

Thanks. After doing some reading I think I'm going to order the scan cable tune from Black Bear. I won't have to wait as long or make a long drive up north.

Plus my amateur hands won't be goofing up my engine. :)

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it says you can use it on other cars just not at the same time. How does that work? Do you just remove the tune from your car unplug and load it onto the new car on as many cars as you want?

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just bought the intune for my suburban. should have it this friday.

Cmicasa any suggestions for what settings to go with at first or is your current setup the best youve tried?

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wtf? Got unknown TCM error. Says to email file to support? Can tune everything except the TCM. Did anyone have this issue?

Nick161024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What size engine is in your tahoe? I have a 2014 and sounds like I need a tuner.

FLWEvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this tune via the InTune Diablo tuner (the one that looks like an old iPhone?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700