2014 6L80 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf

Hi, is it possible to program the engine/transmission to keep the torque converter fully locked when the transmission shifter is in Manual Mode? (maybe not in 1st or 2nd gear... IDK)

I'm running into some scenarios where I'm coasting to the bottom of a long steep hill with a Yield sign at the bottom, and the transmission wants to shift into 6th (top) gear as I slow down, but spends at least a second hunting for the correct gear to be in as soon as I see the intersection is clear and hit the gas pedal. The engine revs, but since it's hunting/pecking around for 2nd or 3rd gear I have a lag, then jolt as it engages with the RPMs higher than normal.

I've had your 93 octane 5.3 tune for a couple years and have been happy with it, but I'm finding the exception to the rule in this scenario. Thanks for your thoughts.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. The "M" mode shares all shift patterns with your normal mode and really isn't a "manual" mode, it is a "maximum" mode, shifting up and down all necessary gears, but limited to the maximum gear indicated. If you would like to send in a log file showing that specific scenario, there may be other adjustments that we can make.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. The "M" mode shares all shift patterns with your normal mode and really isn't a "manual" mode, it is a "maximum" mode, shifting up and down all necessary gears, but limited to the maximum gear indicated. If you would like to send in a log file showing that specific scenario, there may be other adjustments that we can make.

Thanks for the reply. I can try to log some data this weekend. It's been a while since I've done that, and is there a way for me to note (via the AutoCal screen?) a timestamp to refer to?

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are welcome. If you have the AutoCal V3, the timestamp displayed once you transfer it to your computer should be accurate. If you have the older AutoCal, the timestamp will be off.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BlackBearPerf

Hi, is it possible to program the engine/transmission to keep the torque converter fully locked when the transmission shifter is in Manual Mode? (maybe not in 1st or 2nd gear... IDK)

I'm running into some scenarios where I'm coasting to the bottom of a long steep hill with a Yield sign at the bottom, and the transmission wants to shift into 6th (top) gear as I slow down, but spends at least a second hunting for the correct gear to be in as soon as I see the intersection is clear and hit the gas pedal. The engine revs, but since it's hunting/pecking around for 2nd or 3rd gear I have a lag, then jolt as it engages with the RPMs higher than normal.

I've had your 93 octane 5.3 tune for a couple years and have been happy with it, but I'm finding the exception to the rule in this scenario. Thanks for your thoughts.
why not just use the tow haul button? that keeps it in whatever gear you finnagle it into and then as soon as you hit the pedal it goes up, works great for me. saves the brake pads too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts