Installed Intune 87 Octane Tune. NIIIIIIICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it has been discussed ad naseum on other forums and even Diablosport says so...but from what I see, as long as you take the tune off prior to a dealership visit for engine or transmission related warranty work...the consensus is that you will be fine, correct? This is the first vehicle I've had and intend to keep a factory warranty on, but this dead gas pedal feeling is not going to fly much longer. Not looking for much, just what I will get from a canned tune. Thanks guys.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it has been discussed ad naseum on other forums and even Diablosport says so...but from what I see, as long as you take the tune off prior to a dealership visit for engine or transmission related warranty work...the consensus is that you will be fine, correct? This is the first vehicle I've had and intend to keep a factory warranty on, but this dead gas pedal feeling is not going to fly much longer. Not looking for much, just what I will get from a canned tune. Thanks guys.
Black bear is the way. [emoji618] [emoji574]

diesel rob

Reaction score
I got my tuner.. It says Unknown TCM. I updated it and everything.. What a let down.
Did you guys have to get Diablo support to get you a custom tune?????

diesel rob

Reaction score
OK I was able to do the ECM tune but not the transmission. They say I have to wait for an update. So I only half tuned my truck. Def see the difference in the throttle response. I set it @ 10% on the 87oct tune. Im going to run all the 87 out and then Ill switch to 93.. then we can see what this truck can really do.

But should I wait until Diablo decides they want to do an update for my truck or return it and try another tuner??? Please help. I like the fact that I can put it back to stock if I want. Are there any other tuner out there that offer this type of experience..
Thanks for all the help everyone.

OP
OP
Cmicasa the Great XvX

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I was able to do the ECM tune but not the transmission. They say I have to wait for an update. So I only half tuned my truck. Def see the difference in the throttle response. I set it @ 10% on the 87oct tune. Im going to run all the 87 out and then Ill switch to 93.. then we can see what this truck can really do.

But should I wait until Diablo decides they want to do an update for my truck or return it and try another tuner??? Please help. I like the fact that I can put it back to stock if I want. Are there any other tuner out there that offer this type of experience..
Thanks for all the help everyone.

Saw your post at the diablo forum. Is it an 2015i ? Just wondering if that's the difference. I have had no issue with doing my Yukon or Stingray, except when I originally did the Yukon it's "ON" setting would time out before the tune was done. I realized I was only tapping the ignition switch and not holding it in so it stayed on. Had it been a regular key ignition I would have turned it to that position with no issue. Live and learn

diesel rob

Reaction score
Saw your post at the diablo forum. Is it an 2015i ? Just wondering if that's the difference. I have had no issue with doing my Yukon or Stingray, except when I originally did the Yukon it's "ON" setting would time out before the tune was done. I realized I was only tapping the ignition switch and not holding it in so it stayed on. Had it been a regular key ignition I would have turned it to that position with no issue. Live and learn

No its a 2015....No i
I was worried about the ignition too....but it stayed on the whole time with just a single tap of the ON/OFF push button.
I have been emailing with them.. Thanks for all the help.

OP
OP
Cmicasa the Great XvX

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the life span of the trans affected without TM?

I dunno.. I actually turned it back on when I put the 87 Octane tune back in the other day after realizing that I was losing out on the $1.89 gas bubble currently going on for a few more HP that I will never use :chair:.

Lo and Behold.. the vehicle actually feels quicker with the 87 Octane Tune with Throttle bumped to 20% and RPM shifts changed to 10% Firm and TM back on.. than it did with the Diablo Tune with the same changes except throttle at 17%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700