Installed Intune 87 Octane Tune. NIIIIIIICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First and foremost I am no tuner, but this thing has woke my vehicle up. The shifts are much more precise and it feels more like I'm driving my Vette than it does my Yukon (kidding, but U get the point). :fc5716bd: Power seems instantaneous, and shifting no longer "hunkers down." Overall Love it so far. If their advertising is correct I am now pushing about 370HP/ 400lbs of torque

I did the 87 Octane tune. This may be the dumbest of all questions.. but if I had of did the 93Octane (Diablo Tune) would I have had to empty tank and only run 93 Octane from then on?

Anyway.. I adjusted

REV LIMITER 0%

THROTTLE up 10%

SHIFT POINTS various different degrees but mostly in the 3-4K range

SPARK TIMING ADVANCE/RETARD- Left Alone

FUEL RICH/LEAN ADJUSTMENT- went up 5% RICHER

CALIBRATE SPEEDOMETER FOR GEAR RATIO- Didn't Touch

ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT- First I killed it.. then figured that since it only kicks in on the highway in 6th gear it seems... to turn it back on.

SHIFT FIRMNESS- Went with FIRM

SPEED LIMITER- Removed

TORQUE MANAGEMENT ADJUSTMENT- Turned off

IDLE RPM- Didn't Touch

CALIBRATE SPEEDOMETER FOR TIRE SIZE- Didn't Touch

Last edited:

NickTahoe15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you were running a 93 oct tune you should run 93 full time to prevent timing retard/knocking.

OP
OP
Cmicasa the Great XvX

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you were running a 93 oct tune you should run 93 full time to prevent timing retard/knocking.

Yeah. Taking her in for an oil change in about 2K miles so I will load back to factory first and then when I bring her home I'm gonna try the 93 tune and see if its worth the extra $300 a year at the pump

amscomps

Reaction score
About how much was the cost on the Intune setup? $350 ish? And why would you put it back to stock for an oil change? Will it cause an issue at the dealer? Thx

OP
OP
Cmicasa the Great XvX

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About how much was the cost on the Intune setup? $350 ish? And why would you put it back to stock for an oil change? Will it cause an issue at the dealer? Thx

I'm cautious. I don't kno what kind of testing they do when U aren't looking. When U load it... the device take a snap picture of your orignal setting and backs it up so U can restore if necessary. It doesn't leave a trace of the tune, or the fact that U did it. Sorta like doing a Restore on your PC, phone or Tablet.

Not a big deal as the parameters I adjusted I took a log so I can put it back in withing 10-15minutes. I paid $495 for the first Intune because it is for my Stingray and I'm getting a custom tune that is included in the price from DiabloLEW. The one I bought for the Yukon is not getting a custom tune and I paid $325 for it for a Black Friday deal. So for the Vette.. $170 more for Lew's expertise. Had I not wanted the custom tune I would have paid the same price for both ($325 each).

I got it here http://jwmotorsportsllc.3dcartstores.com/Diablosport-InTune-Tuner_p_20.html for $325 for the Holiday price. It is back to $389 now, but well worth it considering I enjoy driving my Yukon about 100% more than I did before. I haven't been able to test my Vette out because its been raining here. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry as a bone so I will try that one out then. I already loaded it.. Just waitin :Insane:

OP
OP
Cmicasa the Great XvX

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On going mod. TURNED OFF AFM tonight. Liking how it feels without V4 kicking in. Also upped the throttle and shift firmness by another 5%. Man this thing is fast now.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I'm cautious. I don't kno what kind of testing they do when U aren't looking.

As someone who has been a mechanic and body man at a dealership for years, trust me, no mechanic will do any test on a brand new vehicle for an oil change. It would be free work, and we just don't do that, unless asked. Oil change will likely go right to quick lube / quick service. Those guys know how to do two things. Drain oil and refill. I wouldn't worry about a thing, leave the tune in. Its not like it will be bearing the scarlet letter when you bring it in.

OP
OP
Cmicasa the Great XvX

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who has been a mechanic and body man at a dealership for years, trust me, no mechanic will do any test on a brand new vehicle for an oil change. It would be free work, and we just don't do that, unless asked. Oil change will likely go right to quick lube / quick service. Those guys know how to do two things. Drain oil and refill. I wouldn't worry about a thing, leave the tune in. Its not like it will be bearing the scarlet letter when you bring it in.

Thanks... I'm looking 4ward to driving her today again as the mods I made last night can be further investigated.

Side Note: Fuel economy is not as efficient when U up the power and shifts. Obviously that's the reason why GM programs them the way they do.

gemarsh

Reaction score
On going mod. TURNED OFF AFM tonight. Liking how it feels without V4 kicking in. Also upped the throttle and shift firmness by another 5%. Man this thing is fast now.

So you have the Throttle adjusted to 15%? Does that take care of the dead spot in the gas pedal?

I ordered mine last night, and was hoping it would take care of the deadspot from idle to moving. Seems like I have to push the pedal an inch before rpm's increase.

Did it take care of the speed limiter also?

I'm sure it won't, but can you adjust anything to get second gear scratch?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have the Throttle adjusted to 15%? Does that take care of the dead spot in the gas pedal?

I ordered mine last night, and was hoping it would take care of the deadspot from idle to moving. Seems like I have to push the pedal an inch before rpm's increase.

Did it take care of the speed limiter also?

I'm sure it won't, but can you adjust anything to get second gear scratch?
Yes is big deal my throttle was adjusted too 12% for better response and is unbelievable fast,no more lag. 93 octane from day one. [emoji573]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700