i just want it to work!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sp1nn3y

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, after driving my buddies car for a week i decided to drive the truck down the road on some errands.. i noticed the ebrake light was still on so i pulled the release.. nothing happened.. it wasn't engaged? also, while driving i have to stomp down and HOPE it slows me down.. i have brake fluid.. i see no leaks? before this cold sit for 2-3 days i was runnin fine

:emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122::emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122:
anything/everything will help, I'm here to reply to any questions :-/

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you may want to remove your drums for a closer look to see if there are leaks in there as well as stains on inside of tires. the other idea is something is seized. either can possibly cause a pressure differential in brake system and activate the warning light. That trigger switch is located in the ABS Hydro Mechanical Unit.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there possibly an air bubble in your line?

OP
OP
Sp1nn3y

Sp1nn3y

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually thought that before my drums we're tightened last month, but instead we tightened it and fixed my loose break problem, now i'm thinking it actually could be a air bubble in the line.. how would i go about checking/getting it checked?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure to keep the fluid topped off ... gravity bleed them first that will probably do it ...

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Master cylinder IMO. Had the same thing happen on my Impala, made it to the 1st stop sign and barely had enough pedal to get stopped.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
usually happens when cars sit. both my hoe and s10 do this when they sit for a long time. it goes away after a while also happened to my ram its just that u need to drive aound if is only the light. if not then listen to the other options

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo