I installed a avic-8200nex with idatalink gm5 but cant get calls to work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calsdad

Reaction score
[QUOTE="calsdad, post: 1078536, member.
Hey did you replace your speakers too? The factory speakers sound like garbage now, no mids. I am going to go with new speakers driven by an amp. Wanted to know if you went this route or not

I've thought about it - but haven't done anything yet. Still running on the factory speakers. I'm probably getting old , but they sound OK to me. I haven't really pushed the system much though. I really need to try more CD's and see how much range the system has. For some reason - the radio reception absolutely sucks in this truck. I think it's the built in antenna in the passenger side rear window - I'm contemplating putting a regular mast antenna on the truck to see if that improves the reception.

I can say: the Mark Levinson system in the wife's Lexus RX350 sounds kick ass. If I could make this system sound like that - I'd probably be motivated to start replacing speakers.

Redpaste

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've thought about it - but haven't done anything yet. Still running on the factory speakers. I'm probably getting old , but they sound OK to me. I haven't really pushed the system much though. I really need to try more CD's and see how much range the system has. For some reason - the radio reception absolutely sucks in this truck. I think it's the built in antenna in the passenger side rear window - I'm contemplating putting a regular mast antenna on the truck to see if that improves the reception.

I can say: the Mark Levinson system in the wife's Lexus RX350 sounds kick ass. If I could make this system sound like that - I'd probably be motivated to start replacing speakers.

There is absolutely no mid range on the speakers, some music sounds entirely different. Mark Lveinson is hands down better than Bose. I miss it from my Lexus as well. I'm sure we can get close to the sound with the right speakers. Thinking of going with Focal.

Cory Dorning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm about to install the Pioneer 8200 myself in a 2008 Yukon XL Denali w/ Factory Nav, Bose System and Rear DVD Entertainment System. Here's my current list, am I missing anything?

- Pioneer AVIC 8200 NEX
- Scosche Dash Kit
- iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Interface Module (OnStar and Steering Wheel Controls)
- iDatalink ADS HRN-RR-GM5+ Interface Harness (OnStar and Steering Wheel Controls)
- iDatalink HRN-AV-GM5 (Rear DVD Entertainment System)
- Metra 40-CR10 Antenna Adapter

I also purchased a couple of USB 3.0 Type A extension cables and an HDMI extension cable which i play on running to the center console for easy access.

The last question I have is do I need the AppRadio kit from Pioneer in order for this to work with my iPhone 7+?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the radio has carplay, you wouldn't use app radio as it pales in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cory Dorning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When wiring this up, for the front and rear speakers, should I be using idatalink rca adapters (listed as low level output) and plugging them into the outputs on the 8200 or should i be wiring the idatalink connectors (listed as high level output) into the 8200 wiring harness?

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When wiring this up, for the front and rear speakers, should I be using idatalink rca adapters (listed as low level output) and plugging them into the outputs on the 8200 or should i be wiring the idatalink connectors (listed as high level output) into the 8200 wiring harness?
For the Bose, you will need to use the adapters I believe. I saw the adapters in my kit, but i bypass my bose with a 5 channel amp, so that got tossed. The directions are pretty clear cut depending on what harness, radio, options you have. Even has a harness for the oem backup camera.

Cory Dorning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm following the instructions but there are 2 different options, but doesn't say which one should be used.

It says the following...

DETERMINE IF YOU SHOULD USE RCA’S OR LEVEL MATCHING CIRCUITS
• If your vehicle is equipped with a factory amplifier you can connect the RCA wiring to the low level outputs of your aftermarket radio, or connect the level matching circuits to the speaker outputs of the aftermarket radio.

• If your aftermarket radio does not have low level outputs, has only a single RCA output, or the RCA output level is 2 volts or less then it is recommended to connect the level matching circuit to the speaker outputs. If the volume does not go loud enough using the RCA connections, the level matching circuits can be used.

• The internal amplifier in some radios is not compatible with the level matching circuit. In these cases, there will be floor noise (hissing or buzzing at low levels) when the level matching circuit is connected. Change to the RCA connections to eliminate this noise.

Diagram:
9uz5CPG.png

Last edited:

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm following the instructions but there are 2 different options, but doesn't say which one should be used.

It says the following...

Diagram:
9uz5CPG.png
Use the low level outputs done you have bose

Use the rca's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157