I installed a avic-8200nex with idatalink gm5 but cant get calls to work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redpaste

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a 4200nex in my 08 w/Bose and navi and backup camera but I can't get the camera to display on the screen. How did you guys get the stock backup camera to work?

Not entirely sure what harness you used, but if you used the one from Maestro it comes with a short wiring harness, 1 end has a 3 male rca's and the other is a female box like receiver. Plug the rca end that says backup cam into the avic (think it is the brown plug) and hookup the receiver into the male plug from the truck.

I didnt have a backup cam or navigation on mine, but I am assuming that is what the extra wiring harness is for. Think there is a YouTube video of it too. Let me look for it.

Last edited:

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
Not entirely sure what harness you used, but if you used the one from Maestro it comes with a short wiring harness, 1 end has a male rca and the other is a female box like receiver. Plug the rca end into the avic and hookup the receiver into the male plug from the truck.

I didnt have a backup cam or navigation on mine, but I am assuming that is what the extra wiring harness is for. Think there is a YouTube video of it too. Let me look for it.

Yeah, i have the maestro GM5 and AVGM5, there's a brown harness with yellow rca for backup camera in, white rca for sub out and red rca for center out. I plugged the harness to the last stock brown harness and plugged the backup camera in on the back of the 4200 in the backup camer input.

Redpaste

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's what I think you need:
Yeah, i have the maestro GM5 and AVGM5, there's a brown harness with yellow rca for backup camera in, white rca for sub out and red rca for center out. I plugged the harness to the last stock brown harness and plugged the backup camera in on the back of the 4200 in the backup camer input.

Ok, sounds like you did everything correctly. Check on the avic for the backup cam settings, make sure it's on.

calsdad

Reaction score
I installed a 4200nex in my 08 w/Bose and navi and backup camera but I can't get the camera to display on the screen. How did you guys get the stock backup camera to work?

Did you hook the OEM camera up to the Pioneer?

I didn't have Nav installed on my truck - so the rear view camera displays in the rear view mirror.

My understanding is that the video feed for the OEM camera is accessible behind the passenger side kick panel. So that video feed would have to be extended over to the rear of the Pioneer. I'm not sure how it works if the truck already had the factory Nav setup. I assume that there is video feed surfacing behind the factory head unit.

The way mine is working right now - is when I put the truck in reverse the video surfaces on the rear view mirror (as it did before) , the Pioneer recognizes that the truck is in reverse because the screen goes black (no video) - and the built-in backup lines are visible on the Pioneer screen.

When I get a chance - I need to pull of the kick panel and see if I can find the video feed.

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
I figured it out. The blue wire for the backup camera module under the passenger seat needed to be reconnected. I had cut it and connected it to my lockpick years ago so I just had to reconnect the blue wire again. Thanks for the replies guys! I used the Scosche mounting kit but the frame around the 4200 doesn't sit flush at the bottom but no biggie. Still looks clean.

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
For those of you using the Maestro and iDatalink, should I be able to control the AC and heated seats etc from the 4200nex? That's the only feature that's grayed out. I can see the gauges, tpms, which door is open and parking sensors but since that one option is grayed out, I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Also, for those of you using the Maestro, did you use all the output connections? On mine there's a red and blue output that I didn't use.

calsdad

Reaction score
I'd have to go look at mine again - I don't remember being able to access the HVAC or the heated seats from the Pioneer head unit.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you using the Maestro and iDatalink, should I be able to control the AC and heated seats etc from the 4200nex? That's the only feature that's grayed out. I can see the gauges, tpms, which door is open and parking sensors but since that one option is grayed out, I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Also, for those of you using the Maestro, did you use all the output connections? On mine there's a red and blue output that I didn't use.
Can't do the seats for our vehicles. Thats for the newer fords and such where its all controlled through the oem radio.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
Can't do the seats for our vehicles. Thats for the newer fords and such where its all controlled through the oem radio.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redpaste

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
[QUOTE="calsdad, post: 1078536, member.[/QUOTE]

Hey did you replace your speakers too? The factory speakers sound like garbage now, no mids. I am going to go with new speakers driven by an amp. Wanted to know if you went this route or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons