I installed a avic-8200nex with idatalink gm5 but cant get calls to work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radio is great. I can reset codes, I can read my gauges from the screen and android auto is a nice feature, sirius is visually stunning. What I have not figured out is how do you use the Onstar mic for calls. I was under the impression I can bypass the built in mic and use the Onstar instead instead please advise.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would hook up the mic that came with the 8200, to be honest. I have not read anywhere that it will use the on-star mic. I am in the process of installing the 4200NEX and no where does it state that it will use any preinstalled mic for the calls.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would hook up the mic that came with the 8200, to be honest. I have not read anywhere that it will use the on-star mic. I am in the process of installing the 4200NEX and no where does it state that it will use any preinstalled mic for the calls.

I reread the materials a few days ago and you are right. I can use the the onstar mic if I connect my phone to the onstar Bluetooth. My only issue is if you use android auto it force disconnects the Bluetooth connection to onstar and repairs its to the the 8200. I am not trying to see if I can wire the onstar mic to mic connection on the radio. since I dont use the onstar service.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems like a complicated solution to a easy qustion

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my 4200NEX installed with the IDatalink an the pioneer mic and noone has an idea that I am using the bluetooth through the radio. I have my mic on the ds pillar. They can hear my 13 month old son in the backseat, clearly when he is lively.

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my 4200NEX installed with the IDatalink an the pioneer mic and noone has an idea that I am using the bluetooth through the radio. I have my mic on the ds pillar. They can hear my 13 month old son in the backseat, clearly when he is lively.

I moved the Pioneer mic to the roof liner behind the rearview it sounds fine, I am now just being difficult.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 4100NEX mic is on the rear of the light fixture in the center, picks me and others up pretty well. Definitely has road noise in it at highway speeds though for the recipient of my call.

sabasigh

Reaction score
Hey Crutchfield is saying the 4200NEX won't fit cuz of the fold down face. They are saying the 6.2" displays are the ones that fit.

Thanks

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said the 4100nex doesn't fit either b/c of a dash brace in the rear, but it can be cut out to make it work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts