HOW-TO: 03-06 NBS Gauge cluster LED conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1fatho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have my cluster on my kitchen table, about to rip it apart and do green LEDs. Will post pics....

man n black

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do the leds remain dimmable? I do alot of night driving and pretty much dim my dash lights as much as possible as it's less fatiguing on my eyes....Looks fantastic BTW....
Ch

Sent from my DROID RAZR

1fatho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Scotty. Great write-up! (Started pestering him about info on how to do this in August....before school.....when I had time...)

I saw on an SS forum, some guy who did his said he added two more to eliminate hot spots, but he didnt show where. When I add my speedo I am going to add two more off of the middle two. The bottom right corner looks blurry, but I believe its just the way the glare hit the camera, it looks the same as the others.

Lollllllllllllll with the ABSOLUTE benefit or hindsight....I would have done another color. But shittt, everyone has blue. I would have also gone with a 510ohm resistor so they worked better with the dimmer. Oil well.

edit* I am also going to add green plastic over the screens for both the DIC, park reverse, and my AC controls

greencluster.jpg

Last edited:

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much would radio, cluster, steering wheel controls and window switches be? Oh and a/c

ornelasa35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i need to get mine done i have like 1 or 2 that whent out on my cluster and 1 o my a/c controlls send me a message on how much u would od both for i could get shipping from my job just ship it to u and include a return label or whatever is easier for u

1fatho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lmfao, yeah go with Scottyboy. I've been telling everyone $150 hahaha

ornelasa35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I do them for members on here. I only charge $50 plus shipping. That $50 includes me supplying all the LEDs and resistors and all needed parts and supplies.

so u think u could do my gauges a/c controll and steering wheel buttons and why not go ahead and do my radio and light switch

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not do radios, or any airbag shutoff switches. I also do not do 00-02 clusters.
I can do a 03-06 cluster for $50
I charge $50 to do a dash AC control panel, and $40 for each overhead rear ac control
Headlight switch-$30
Rear wiper/foglight switch -$20
4x4 switch-$30
Traction control switch-$20
Sunroof switch-$20
Homelink buttons inbroof console-$35
Steering wheel controls -$40 for all 4
Drivers door master window/lock/mirror switch-$40
Power mirror switch -$20 (00-02 only) its part of the window switch on 03-06
Passenger door window/lock switch-$30
Rear door power window switches-$20 each

I only do blue. I tried red and white and they looked like crap so I ain't ******* with them anymore. Blue gives the best results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660