HOW-TO: 03-06 NBS Gauge cluster LED conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
That's awesome looking, but since I live in Alaska I can't really pay you to do mine....lol.

And I'm not tearing mine apart. I don't trust myself enough to get that all right.

So, my question is are there aftermarket clusters pre-assembled that you can get that have LED's already in them??

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome looking, but since I live in Alaska I can't really pay you to do mine....lol.

And I'm not tearing mine apart. I don't trust myself enough to get that all right.

So, my question is are there aftermarket clusters pre-assembled that you can get that have LED's already in them??

There is a seller on eBay, Digital Dash Solutions, that will do all of that and conversions to Escalade or Denali clusters.

BraveHelios

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is for 03-06:

B11 Orange_ _ _ _12V
B09 Pink_ _ _ _ _ _IGN (12V)
A12 Black_ _ _ _ _ Ground
B12 Black/white_ _Ground

A11 Red_ _ _ _ _ _12V for lights

Hello all, I need more info here. I have an 05 Avalanche that I plan on performing the LED mod to the instrument pod. I aquired a spare connector with wires from an 06 Silverado. I connected the red wire and the black and black/white wires to a power supply, but the lights do not power on. Am I missing something? Any help greatly appreciated!:)

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Hello all, I need more info here. I have an 05 Avalanche that I plan on performing the LED mod to the instrument pod. I aquired a spare connector with wires from an 06 Silverado. I connected the red wire and the black and black/white wires to a power supply, but the lights do not power on. Am I missing something? Any help greatly appreciated!:)

So, I figured it out! FYI, Red wire to (+) and both grounds to (-). It helps if the power supply is set to the correct voltage.:emotions122:

But... do the turn signal bulbs get replaced too? And if so, which wires activate the turn signal bulbs?

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never messed with the turn signal indicators. I just leave them to light up the stock green color.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never messed with the turn signal indicators. I just leave them to light up the stock green color.

i've seen a couple where they took out the green film and put in a different color film.

cluster looks good.

have you had any issues with leds burning out? i've got a few that are out and i need to replace them again.

BraveHelios

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i've seen a couple where they took out the green film and put in a different color film.

cluster looks good.

have you had any issues with leds burning out? i've got a few that are out and i need to replace them again.

You've had LED's that have burned out? I thought LED's never burned out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts