How should I have my running boards painted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Almost impossible now. I've done everything you want to!! Just messing with ya man, just jokes. I photoshoped my entire setup:happy175:

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Austin. :Handshake: Was starting to wonder if it was just mine.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Almost impossible now. I've done everything you want to!! Just messing with ya man, just jokes. I photoshoped my entire setup:happy175:

Photshoped???? Hell I've been copying and pasting this whole time:happy107:

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Hmmmm, don't take this personal but im gonna be honest with you...

The HD Hood looks good bro.. I'm kinda glad you did this first then me, I've been contemplating about painting my running boards but after looking at yours i think im just gonna leave them black bro, im not hating but just not my cup of tea..IMHO i think the truck look good with out them...

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
All goods man, we all have different tastes, and things we don't like about each others rides.
Personally don't like the look without running boards tho, cause I hate seeing the frame, especially since Tahoe is white. Stock black running boards do look good, but at same time it looks alittle unfinished to me. Like was a last minute decision to throw on running boards, but you haven't completed the look. IDK, all subjective, and what goes with one style doesn't with the next. decisions, decisions

I'm still not 100% on all white boards yet. But someone had to see what it would look like, and I like trying different things. May not always work, but won't know until you try. And whether you like it, hate it, not sure, atleast get an idea of the look. I think once I get my SS front bumper installed it should help me figure out how it all goes together or what may or may not work. For now, it is what it is.:893MrT-thumb:

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
NOW that SIG signs itself!!! looking good man. Im intimidated by that hood though:death:!

P.s I PM'd yesterday also.

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
did you PM me back? didn't see anything. idk, my box might be full.

Travieso, I hope you don't mind if I post up some pics of your ride. But only lowered, white Tahoe I can find with HD hood. And I don't have any pics of mine without white running boards and HD hood.
But wanted to post up pics of white Tahoe with stock black boards. And a pic from a thread you had regarding color matching, where someone Photoshop'd white w/black pad running boards. All for comparison sake

Travieso's ride Photoshop white w/black pad running boards. Sucks cause they stand out so much being PS'd
attachment.jpg
Mine with white boards for comparison
20120402_175233.jpg
Travieso's ride with stock black running boards
tahoe_nice.jpg
Travieso, your ride looks good man

Last edited:

ghost

Reaction score
All goods man, we all have different tastes, and things we don't like about each others rides.
Personally don't like the look without running boards tho, cause I hate seeing the frame, especially since Tahoe is white. Stock black running boards do look good, but at same time it looks alittle unfinished to me. Like was a last minute decision to throw on running boards, but you haven't completed the look. IDK, all subjective, and what goes with one style doesn't with the next. decisions, decisions

I'm still not 100% on all white boards yet. But someone had to see what it would look like, and I like trying different things. May not always work, but won't know until you try. And whether you like it, hate it, not sure, atleast get an idea of the look. I think once I get my SS front bumper installed it should help me figure out how it all goes together or what may or may not work. For now, it is what it is.:893MrT-thumb:

honestly i think it looks 10x better than if they were black.. also, did you paint your wipers white too??

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Ya, haha, just the arms tho. Also have the front wiper cowl painted as well, in pic I don't have side pieces installed from putting on Hood, oops. did it all when I had cowl hood. made it blend better then stock "black" plastic. idk:pp:

appreciate it guys :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia