How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Jenna posted in here yet or not, but we had bad vibration on our 2016 above 72, but gnarly at 80mph. Culprit was 100% the factory Bridgestone tires.

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2016 with the Goodyear Assurance tires is the best highway-riding vehicle I've had.
And that's saying something.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vibration occurs, generally, over 75mph and is exacerbated on long sweeping turns.

There are TSBs for both.
Really not excited about reading this. My new one has this exact issue. I’d say from 76-83mph. It’s not horrible, but the vibration is there. It comes from the rear, my steering wheel stays smooth thankfully.

It doesn’t really have the booming/buffeting issue just driving but there are things that cause it, and plug my ears. Like when you hit the break in the road where it goes from pavement to a bridge or when a strong crosswind hits while on the interstate.

For as long as I can remember the extended length GM suvs have had a little bit of booming and could plug my ears. I remember riding in my grandmas 04 XL, going down the dirt road to their house, the washboards would plug my ears up and so would going across the cattle guard.

So far, and it’s only been two days in the new one, my wife hasn’t had any complaints with this. But we have a thousand mile ride home so we will see if she notices anything.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really not excited about reading this. My new one has this exact issue. I’d say from 76-83mph. It’s not horrible, but the vibration is there. It comes from the rear, my steering wheel stays smooth thankfully.

It doesn’t really have the booming/buffeting issue just driving but there are things that cause it, and plug my ears. Like when you hit the break in the road where it goes from pavement to a bridge or when a strong crosswind hits while on the interstate.

For as long as I can remember the extended length GM suvs have had a little bit of booming and could plug my ears. I remember riding in my grandmas 04 XL, going down the dirt road to their house, the washboards would plug my ears up and so would going across the cattle guard.

So far, and it’s only been two days in the new one, my wife hasn’t had any complaints with this. But we have a thousand mile ride home so we will see if she notices anything.

Yeah but you got 15% off sticker!!!

;-)

Bring it back to the dealer immediately and don’t pick it back up until it’s fixed.

Seriously.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you got 15% off sticker!!!

;-)

Bring it back to the dealer immediately and don’t pick it back up until it’s fixed.

Seriously.
It’s not that big of a deal, I haven’t owned a GM suv that hasn’t ever not vibrated at higher speeds. I fought tooth and nail on a 2012 suburban and ended up getting rid of it because of that.

Besides, I’m 300 miles away from purchasing dealer. And it was 16.6% off! :)

It will be going to the dealer when I get home though. It has a few annoyances.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t owned a GM suv that hasn’t ever not vibrated at higher speeds.

And yet you'll travel hundreds of miles to acquire another one and put up with highway speed vibrations? :emotions34:

Anyway, I hope you get it resolved. The vibration will get worse. It's possible its just the tires....(Hopefully since thats what the dealer is going to tell you).

Good luck!

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I’m really hoping as well. The first trip on the interstate it did vibrate, but that has gone away. Hopefully with a little more driving the rest will resolve. It has sat on their lot all year since December and it only had 7 miles on it so there’s a chance it’s the tires. I’m being optimistic. Now if I can figure out the sound it’s making under medium acceleration.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I’m really hoping as well. The first trip on the interstate it did vibrate, but that has gone away. Hopefully with a little more driving the rest will resolve. It has sat on their lot all year since December and it only had 7 miles on it so there’s a chance it’s the tires. I’m being optimistic. Now if I can figure out the sound it’s making under medium acceleration.

Whats the sound its making?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the sound its making?
Under medium acceleration a hissing, light tick, from the driver’s side. When you accelerate hard enough for the intake to make its deep sound, the hissing goes away.

I’ve heard this noise on previous gen’s that I have driven that had high miles. Always drove me nuts. But I’ve never heard it this bad. It’s annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879