How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uat1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A dealer called me today letting me know about the big discount on 2015 Tahoe. On the phone I metioned to him that I am reading so many owners reporting the buffetting/vibration issue on Youkon and Tahoe. He seemed surpriced to what I mentioned, he said he had never heard of it. He said he had sold many Youkon and Tahoe this year and none of them reported the issues.

I have been under the impression that there are more Youkon/Tahoe with the issues than those that have no issue, it's like you would be really lucky to get one without the issues, maybe I am wrong.... How many of you have a 2015/2016 Youkon/Tahoe and DO NOT have buffetting and vibration issue?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealer called me today letting me know about the big discount on 2015 Tahoe. On the phone I metioned to him that I am reading so many owners reporting the buffetting/vibration issue on Youkon and Tahoe. He seemed surpriced to what I mentioned, he said he had never heard of it. He said he had sold many Youkon and Tahoe this year and none of them reported the issues.

I have been under the impression that there are more Youkon/Tahoe with the issues than those that have no issue, it's like you would be really lucky to get one without the issues, maybe I am wrong.... How many of you have a 2015/2016 Youkon/Tahoe and DO NOT have buffetting and vibration issue?

Every dealer and service manager I've spoke to 'acts' surprised. SHOCKED even.

I've driven ~5 of them and all have SOME buffetting. Most, to me, were totally fine.

I drove a 2016 Tahoe yesterday and at 75+ it vibrated horribly. First time I experienced that.

Suggestion would be to go on an extended test drive to see what that particular units characteristics are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlkYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard about all the vibration issues on the new trucks but my 2014 and 2015 didn't have any issues.

Probably just whiny owners making stuff up. Some of the guys on the pickup forums are the biggest nitpickers I've ever met.

What's the 'buffeting' issue?

OP
OP
U

uat1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't want this thread to become a heated topic. I believe their claims are very real and valid. However, if you experience none of the buffetting or vibrating issue at certain speed (not due to unbalanced tire) please let viewers know. I honestly want to get a feel of whether this just for a small groups of vehicles.

Buffetting issue is like when you are driving with one window down and it builds up a high pressure in the cabin and makes your ears uncomfortable. They are experiencing this problem even when all windows are up.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have 2015 Yukon Denali (almost 30,000 miles)and wife has a 2016 Esky (4,000 miles).. Both have experienced zero major problems other than recalls which have been taken care of during maintainence trips. But I do believe it is a real problem that should be addressed/fixed for current owners and future owners. For trucks costing 7 or 8 XX,***. There should be a zero tolerance for these kind of problems.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015i Denali with 15k miles. I've asked my wife who probably put half the miles on it and we both have no issues with vibration or buffeting issues. My brother in law, his good friend and my cousin all have 2015 Yukons and I asked if they experience any vibration and buffeting issues with their suvs. They all told me they haven't had any issues other than other warranty work that is non related to vibration or buffeting.
There was a time I had 3 of my buddies going on a golf trip and one did complain of vibration. He was sitting in the back driver side. I was doing about 70 to 80 mph on a stretch of the highway that was rough. The other passengers especially the one sitting in the back right side had no issues. I contributed the vibration to road condition, low profile tires, and slight stiff suspension. I personally like the stiff suspension. The rest of the trip I kept on asking the guys, especially the one who was complaining, if they feel any vibration. They all said it was smooth sailing. I found it interesting that the person on the back did complain about vibration. Made me think. I have asked my kids who sits in the back to let me know for any vibration but they are clueless as soon as they turn on those damn tablets!!

Since day one of getting my Denali and reading about the vibration/buffeting issues I've been looking to see if my SUV exhibit these issues. I'm glad to say so far my SUV doesn't have the issue. I'm glad as I really enjoy driving this SUV. I feel for the people who do have the issue. I also wonder if some just are more sensitive than others. I've always owned cars with 35 series tires with sport suspension so I'm use to stiff suspensions so I may be one of those are very less sensitive to the issues.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Denali with 22" OEM wheels.

No noticeable buffeting and/or pressure sensations.

I have no steering wheel vibrations/cabin vibrations when traveling up to >85 mph, but if I did, I would immediately suspect the heavy wheels/tyres on the car and have them Road Force balanced ASAP.

Bish

gary645

Reaction score
Have a 2015i Denali and have had no issues with vibrations and buffeting. Am not pleased with the short following distance in the "far" setting with ACC - it should be longer. Other than that the ACC performs as advertised. Also find with an 8 speed tranny and engine switching from 4 to 8 cylinders and back, there is often a lot going on in around town driving. I've gotten used to all this activity. No other complaints. Great truck.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard about all the vibration issues on the new trucks but my 2014 and 2015 didn't have any issues.

Probably just whiny owners making stuff up. Some of the guys on the pickup forums are the biggest nitpickers I've ever met.

What's the 'buffeting' issue?

It's a known issue. GM acknowledged it and has already come out with an initial fix (that generally isn't working).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14