How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Own a 2016 Suburban and a 2018 Tahoe. Both LTs with stock 20" wheels. No buffettng, booming or vibrations. Both drive great on all terrain.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I experience what many on here experience but I have two very specific rattles that drive me and my gf crazy. Left side is behind the door panel by the 4wd switch area. If I hold pressure against it, it stops. Right side is a rattle inside the plastic door trim around the window along the B pillar, on the interior side.

When I get a consistent couple of weather days, I'm going to rip both apart and figure out what's happening, and gorilla glue/duct tape/epoxy/zip tie/Saran wrap/shoot whatever the culprits are.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Check the fuse block under the drivers side dash. It sometimes comes loose and will rattle.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the fuse block under the drivers side dash. It sometimes comes loose and will rattle.
Thanks for the idea. But the rattle is in the door, unfortunately. Will keep the fuse box in mind tho, because there's never a shortage of rattles that pop up in these things...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea. But the rattle is in the door, unfortunately. Will keep the fuse box in mind tho, because there's never a shortage of rattles that pop up in these things...

Got it. Ok. You said 4wd switch area so I thought dash. The area between my door and dash rattle/creak depending on temperature.

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Own a 2016 Suburban and a 2018 Tahoe. Both LTs with stock 20" wheels. No buffettng, booming or vibrations. Both drive great on all terrain.
Mine were dry door seals. Sprayed them with the Napa protectant and they are great. I actually own a 2004 Gmc Yukon Denali XL which has brimstone tires. No noise from them. They are half worm as well

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Ok. You said 4wd switch area so I thought dash. The area between my door and dash rattle/creak depending on temperature.
With my Bridgestone tires I don't get any booming or buffering noises. Very quiet on the highway.

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check the screws that fasten the dash when it comes to the noise from the inside. I haven't got around to checking mine but they tend to rattle loose

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really not excited about reading this. My new one has this exact issue. I’d say from 76-83mph. It’s not horrible, but the vibration is there. It comes from the rear, my steering wheel stays smooth thankfully.

It doesn’t really have the booming/buffeting issue just driving but there are things that cause it, and plug my ears. Like when you hit the break in the road where it goes from pavement to a bridge or when a strong crosswind hits while on the interstate.

For as long as I can remember the extended length GM suvs have had a little bit of booming and could plug my ears. I remember riding in my grandmas 04 XL, going down the dirt road to their house, the washboards would plug my ears up and so would going across the cattle guard.

So far, and it’s only been two days in the new one, my wife hasn’t had any complaints with this. But we have a thousand mile ride home so we will see if she notices anything.
My 04 Gmc Yukon is Denali XL and I have Bridgestone tires. Actually it's quiet on the highway and the tires are half worn. Strange to hear.

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 XL w/ Michelin Defender 265/70R17...cruise a smooth 80/85 weekly. You all convinced me to just keep what I got rather then take a chance on something new & worse!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu