How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have 50k miles on my 2015 Tahoe LT 4WD with Goodyear tires and although I have several issues to complain about over previous generations of this vehicle, I've never experienced the vibration and/or buffeting problems...

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't say that I have buffeting either (unless I have rear windows down, ugh!).

Rex Kwon Do

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Posted earlier but now have 1500 miles and a 10 hour road trip.....not a hint of vibration at any speed. As I mentioned there's *maybe* a hint of buffeting if I really try but really, mine has none.

Very pleased with the purchase (17 SWB Premier, black factory 22s).....in fact I'm stunned its as composed as it is for its size....MRC perhaps?

01SLE

Reaction score
Might as well chime in.

50k on my 16 SLT 4x4 w sunroof. Had factory 18s with goodyear assurance tires up until a couple weeks ago. Now have 22x9 285/45r22 Nitto 420S. No buffeting vibration at all except the Nittos get a flat spot sitting in the hot garage for a few days without being driven. It goes away within 5 minutes of driving after the tires warm up. Known annoyance with the 420S, nothing to do with the Yukon.

JerryWest_44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 2017 Black/Black Yukon Denali right off the truck w/ only 5 miles. Of course I took it on a road test applying all the lessons learned from this forum & happy to find that my Yukon drive is smooth as silk.

Tally2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the 2016 Tahoe LT with 21,000 miles and have experienced ZERO buffering. Now, i do get a vibration around 68-70mph and then around 78-80mph for some reason. Here is the crazy part, when we bought our Tahoe it had the 5 star pilshed wheels on it and had ZERO vibration at any speed, then switched to the Chrome GM wheels and now I have a vibration at said speeds. Our Uncle had the 15 Suburban and has same issues with the chrome wheels. He balanced and did several alignments and ever went through several brands of tires and never fixed it. He traded it on on the 16 Suburban with the polished 5 stars and ZERO vibration issues. We believe there must be an issue with the Chrome GM wheels.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2017 Black/Black Yukon Denali right off the truck w/ only 5 miles. Of course I took it on a road test applying all the lessons learned from this forum & happy to find that my Yukon drive is smooth as silk.

I'm curious as to what all the lessons are that you learned to apply on a test drive. Thanks!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 2016 Tahoe LT with 21,000 miles and have experienced ZERO buffering. Now, i do get a vibration around 68-70mph and then around 78-80mph for some reason. Here is the crazy part, when we bought our Tahoe it had the 5 star pilshed wheels on it and had ZERO vibration at any speed, then switched to the Chrome GM wheels and now I have a vibration at said speeds. Our Uncle had the 15 Suburban and has same issues with the chrome wheels. He balanced and did several alignments and ever went through several brands of tires and never fixed it. He traded it on on the 16 Suburban with the polished 5 stars and ZERO vibration issues. We believe there must be an issue with the Chrome GM wheels.

Or it could be just that the 2015's are the vehicles with the issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman