How many of you DO NOT experience buffetting and vibration problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When test driving a Yukon or Tahoe, what are the best ways to test the vehicle for "Buffeting" or the steering vibrations. Are their distinctive speeds or roads that will truly test the vehicle?

vibrations 75MPH and above. Generally worse when cornering. (at least on the ones I felt it on) On/off ramp at 50+ is a good test too. Booming/buffeting ~20-40, try for a bumpy/uneven surface.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vibrations 75MPH and above. Generally worse when cornering. (at least on the ones I felt it on) On/off ramp at 50+ is a good test too. Booming/buffeting ~20-40, try for a bumpy/uneven surface.
I'm very confused about,I got my Denali 04/22/2014 today 55 K miles and the only thing was the transfer case reprogram, after that I never experienced anything about vibration or buffer.
Is maybe they are people more sensitive and others are not.
[emoji3]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very confused about,I got my Denali 04/22/2014 today 55 K miles and the only thing was the transfer case reprogram, after that I never experienced anything about vibration or buffer.
Is maybe they are people more sensitive and others are not.
[emoji3]

They dont all have it. If you had the vibration, you'd know. Its like driving over rumble strips without the noise. Booming/buffeting is much less noticeable usually.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They dont all have it. If you had the vibration, you'd know. Its like driving over rumble strips without the noise. Booming/buffeting is much less noticeable usually.

buffeting is Less noticeable in terms of noise and seems to not affect everyone. It's a sensation...like a sick feeling (added head pressure/ears popping) like when flying.

I'm on my 2nd set of michelins with all four RF under 12lbs and our buffeting is 99% gone. I went through 3 sets of oem tires before finding a band-aid fix (ultra smooth rolling tires).

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it, I ask to all my 5 kids and my wife about and they don't know.
Well I will order soon another xl Denali or Escalade esv and maybe Never heard about.
[emoji106]

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buffeting is Less noticeable in terms of noise and seems to not affect everyone. It's a sensation...like a sick feeling (added head pressure/ears popping) like when flying.

I'm on my 2nd set of michelins with all four RF under 12lbs and our buffeting is 99% gone. I went through 3 sets of oem tires before finding a band-aid fix (ultra smooth rolling tires).
I always use Michelin tires, and wehn I use the Continental tires the first time I never go back to any other tires.
The best tires in the market I have one set of 20" and one 22" amazing tires.
[emoji1]

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke too soon...Took first 2hr hwy trip since having Michelin Defenders installed (oem 20") and at 60mph+ experienced horrible buffeting again. And mind you, prior to the Defenders, I had the Premiers which were re-balanced a few times over 18 months and eventually eliminated the buffeting but tires only lasted 25k miles.

Looks like I'll be having the defenders re-balanced next week. They ride great in town so I'm sure they'll be fine once they are spot-on balance wise. It is obvious that there's something with some of these trucks that if not running 100% smooth, the little imperfection transfers to the chassis/cabin creating the buffeting.

Crabdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No issues here. 2017 4wd lt Tahoe. Extensive test drive and about 50 miles on the way home over 70. Great vehicle. 300 miles in total.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods