Heater on driver side while ac is on full blast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uli93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey everybody, i own a 2004 tahoe LT my heater comes on while the a/c is blowing , the truck has individual climate control for driver side and passenger side while the driver side is blowing cold it suddenly blows out heat and the passenger side stays cold . if i turn the whole a/c system off it does not reset i have to turn the whole truck off for it to blow cold again, any body know the reason for this or any ideas? thnks

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the problem child. The blend door actuator.

You can get it from the dealer or " Dorman" makes them aftermarket. Check on Rockauto for the Dorman one.

The dealer one is close to $200. But the Dorman one is a little cheaper.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep door blend actuator. had one go bad on my kon a year ago in the winter. i was getting a/c on my side lol

Teqdogg

Reaction score
I got an AC Delco replacement for a little over $100 on Amazon. Followed the install directions, and fixed it right up.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an AC Delco replacement for a little over $100 on Amazon. Followed the install directions, and fixed it right up.

Got a delco part number?

Even shop price from my Chevy dealer was around $160.

Mines been fine for months but of course it acted up this morning once. LOL

cbettis42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I had the opposite problem. Cold air out drivers and hot out passengers. I don't know why or how this worked but I had to unplug my battery the other day for some reason and when we plugged the battery back in I noticed that AC is working from both sides all the time now. Something to try before spending money...

Teqdogg

Reaction score
Got a delco part number?

Even shop price from my Chevy dealer was around $160.

Mines been fine for months but of course it acted up this morning once. LOL

Sure, 89018365 is the OEM number from the dealer. They wanted $260! It is currently $99 on Amazon. I have a 2005 XL. This is the same part # for both the driver and passenger actuators. If your driver side is blowing hot, the actuator will be located in your passenger footwell, near the center console. The passenger actuator is located behind the radio.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Well I had the opposite problem. Cold air out drivers and hot out passengers. I don't know why or how this worked but I had to unplug my battery the other day for some reason and when we plugged the battery back in I noticed that AC is working from both sides all the time now. Something to try before spending money...

This is a temporary fix. It resets the system, but after time, this will cease to work. The actuator will be located behind the radio that controls the passenger temperature. It is the easiest to replace out of the three of them.

03z71chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an older thread, especially when there are many on this topic. I have been doing a bit of research on here after learning my newly purchased 03 Z71 has actuator problems. My front passenger seat is getting all of the heat when the a/c is on but the driver is fine. I know I need to replace the actuator in the dash but it was my understanding the dash had to be removed to get to this. I read the post above and am now excited to hear that the dash may not have to come out.

Has anyone actually replaced this actuator without removing the dash? Do you just need to remove the radio?

obamamonkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone got a link to the AC Delco replacement from amazon for $100? Having this problem as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076